how to manage your time in session ? Things to Keep in Mind During a Tournament Session

anasslaaleg

anasslaaleg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
During a tournament, there are several important things to keep in mind:

Preparation: Ensure you're well-prepared with the necessary equipment, knowledge, and practice before the tournament.

Rules: Familiarize yourself with the tournament rules and regulations, as they can vary between events.

Mental Focus: Stay mentally focused and avoid distractions to make the best decisions in each game or match.

Physical Health: Maintain your physical health with proper nutrition, hydration, and rest to perform at your best.

Time Management: Manage your time wisely, both during games and between rounds, to avoid unnecessary stress.

how to manage your time in session ?

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play an average of 4 to 6 tables at a time. And that's why I don't have the opportunity to manage my time, because there is simply no time as such.

anasslaaleg

anasslaaleg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You play cash or mtt wish level micro or medium or high ?

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Here are some things to keep in mind to manage your time efficiently:

Establish a plan: Before starting the session, establish a solid plan that includes your goals, your strategic approach, and your schedule. Decide how much time you have available to play and how much time you plan to spend on each phase of the tournament.
Blind Management: With blinds constantly increasing in a tournament, it is important to be aware of blind structures and adjust your strategy accordingly. As the blinds increase, you should be more selective with the hands you play and consider the size of the bets.
Time to make decisions: In many poker rooms, you have a limited time to make decisions. Use this time wisely. Don't rush your decisions, but don't delay too much either, as this may be seen as a tactic to delay the game and may result in penalties.
Control your pace: Maintain a constant pace in your game. Avoid distracting yourself with unnecessary conversations or side activities. Keep your concentration on the tables.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always trying to stop multitasking while playing. Almost never succeed at it. So it would be a start.

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Dave usually makes me giggle whilst playing, so i am plenty entertained.
Other than than its the general home chores, things like forgetting about or burning the bairns dinner (becomes the extra cost of ordering in), letting the kettle go cold (reboiled several times), not sorting the washing out (left in the washer now it stinks).
Still giggling to Dave