christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When we're deeply piled up. Is it better to call more all-ins or wait for big hands to come?

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I'm not sure I understood your question correctly. But if you call all ins with garbage too often, you won't be in a tournament for very long. There are also people who say that if you are a chip leader, for example, you can put more pressure on those with fewer chips. It is the case that I always let the smaller ones grow and soon I won't be a chip leader anymore, so I continue to play my game the way I started it.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you have a strong hand you can make all in calls, also depending on villain poker style you can make some hero calls even if you have a deep stack. the decision you make will depend on villain poker style and how strong your hand is.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It's probably best to wait for good cards and try to avoid playing with junk. I don't see any other options, at least for myself :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ICM is less important, when we only risk a small percentage of our stack. This does allow us to call a bit wider, but still tighter than we would in a cash game or winner take all tournament. Where we can play a wider range than in cash games is, when we put other players at risk. In certain situations we can even go all-in preflop with any two cards, because ICM or risk aversion mean, our opponents can only call with the best hands. An extreme example is a DoN format, where everyone are short and have the same stack. Then the equilibrium is UTG moving all-in with any two cards, and the players behind calling with only AA or as the widest QQ+ for big blind.