How to keep frustration from setting in

G

Gibby20000

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting frustrated playing poker and losing patience seems to go hand in hand. I have found that online many players really don’t understand the game and are calling and shoving very questionable hands usually getting rewarded for there stupidity with only 3-5% of a chance of winning. How do you keep your composure and move ahead any advice would be great?

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It's easy to lose your temper when that kind of thing happens and very often, it would be honest if I say that when it happens I do not lose my temper, many times we try to improve our game or when we pretend to play as we should there is always someone who is against of everything and they leave all the plays, many times I listen to music, and I take a deep breath because losing the game for that kind of thing is like giving them the pleasure

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is probably the most frustrating thing I find with online poker. The lower the stakes the more you see it. Especially freerolls that are open to everyone. Thousands of players just pushing with crap. I play a daily one and curse at my ipad at least once or twice during the tournament because of stupid.

Remember you can’t cure stupid. You just need to remember that in the long run you will come out ahead if you continue to make the right plays.

I find it really frustrating when you see players calling all in with crap like 37o and winning, and then you get pocket aces and push only to lose.

Hang in there.

fiddlesticks123

fiddlesticks123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting frustrated playing poker and losing patience seems to go hand in hand. I have found that online many players really don’t understand the game and are calling and shoving very questionable hands usually getting rewarded for there stupidity with only 3-5% of a chance of winning. How do you keep your composure and move ahead any advice would be great?

Advice? Get posting and you can play in more Cardschat freerolls where you'll see less of this kind of stupidity :)

G

Gibby20000

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Advice? Get posting and you can play in more Cardschat freerolls where you'll see less of this kind of stupidity :)
Dumbest reply and not relevant at all to what I said. Freerolls you will always see this shit when players have nothing invested. Im talking about poker with money at stake of 20 dollar and larger buyins.

fiddlesticks123

fiddlesticks123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dumbest reply and not relevant at all to what I said. Freerolls you will always see this shit when players have nothing invested. Im talking about poker with money at stake of 20 dollar and larger buyins.

Then try giving this information in your original post, dumbf**k.

J

james bright

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sounds like your playing freerolls but you have to always play like your in the world sereies of poker and its costing you 10 grand would you call then????hell no fold fold fold untill you are sure you havee them dont get sucked into dumb play wether its free or a couple of bucks you will go deep alot if you can stick to playing real dont let fools fool ya.....good luck!

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Frustration really affects when you are bad beaten with crop cards, but that's the game many play for fun and many play serious at the game. Sometimes we just have to move on when those things happen.

pr0serbian

pr0serbian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say play higher volume,so when you got bad beated at one table just forget it and move on to next table..Works for me,i only tilt when bad beat happens deep in tortumant with big payouts close to FT or on FT...