How important is patience ?

B

BDR-83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course it is very important to have patience but it does not always turn out especially when with you at the same table sit donkeys who smile luck with any cards.

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a tournament, patience is one of your top skills. It only takes one mistake to go out. When I've had my deepest runs in tournaments, I often have long stretches of folding hand after hand, just waiting for the moment to strike and get a big pot.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is difficult. There are offensive situations. The main thing is not to give up.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think patience ally with study and knowledge are the base for you be a good player in poker

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
is very important, patience and emotional control are an essential part in poker, when you lose one of those things your game at the moment is affected:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

H

Heresthecooler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is very important. This honestly depends. A good way to practice patience is to play for lower stakes, like penny tables. Tournament survival is everything. Some players have the go big or go home attitude. While that may help a player win big, it causes big loses. Consistency is important if you're happy with cashing every tournament, instead of big risks to have a chance at a chip lead.

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just breath. Learned how much it can help when your BPMs start increasing the closer you get to FT. I find myself caught in an adrenaline swirl and breathing seems to help a lot.

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not always focused and when that happens I lose patience and obviously lose the game! Excitement is a good thing, it happens when I'm listening to inspirational songs.

F

Fatman0912

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is in my opinion a very important skill for a poker player. Often poker comes down in making your move on the right moment. I would say that for me I got better in dealing with patience by experience (playing more tournaments).

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Patience is one of the most important things in the game. I think if you are in a good phycsical contition and you play till 2-3 tables you can keep your patience. Music is basic, because it helps and protects concentration. Breaks must be used to get some rest and recover energy.

MMaki1981

MMaki1981

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience is everything!

I think patience is the #1 thing you need to have BEFORE you even start playing poker. If you have zero patience then this isn't the game for you. You need to be in it for the long game, especially if you are playing tournaments. Most times, the game doesn't even start until late registration is over and that can be 5 hours sometimes. If you can't wait it out for a decent hand and just play any 2 cards then you will probably be out long before late reg is over. You definitely have to hold out and pick your moments to play your cards.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To last at a poker table, patience is an essential ally. the game of patience is a strategic weapon. when you learn to exercise discipline and discipline. it is a technique for getting through a bad card cycle or recovering from bad moves. but the biggest advantage of this technique is that by showing his patience, a player will send his opponents an image of solidity, serenity and above all an ability not to panic.

to keep yourself in a solid frame of mind for the duration of a tournament. The first advice that seems the most obvious. it's sleep, sleep and more sleep. to increase its ability to grind. you have to understand that endurance and strength of mind develop in a similar way to that of a runner who trains every day. with experience you build a solid frame of mind during the game. a large part of your poker decisions must be automated at the unconscious level. because a decision that requires reflection consumes more energy than an automatic decision.

P

pawelmad9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just interview with Fedor Holz in his opinion patience is crucial

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience is only the first necessary skill. Perhaps the most difficult to acquire.

0x3f3f3f3f

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is need. A lot of pros do agree with that.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience is very important in poker. Playing too many hands can be easily exploited by good opponents. Sometimes you are forced to wait for the right spot and time to play in order to be successful.

U

underdog140

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience is apart of the equation of being a good poker player.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think patience is the weapon of every good poker player. Without patience, I don't think you can succeed in a tournament or anything in life ;)

BlackIce

BlackIce

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s key to being a good poker player but I also see situations where you have to be aggressive and not be bullied around , I see people making the mistake of sitting back and waiting for the perfect hand and are slowly bled , learn to balance patience and being aggressive at the same time cause every hand is a winner and a loser .

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience is very important in poker.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You must never lose patience in a tournament, even if you have few chips always have to fight.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Patience is a poker skill, if you don't have it, you have to get it!

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Patience is the basic skill of a successful player. Although poker is just a hobby for me, I always try to be patient and take risks only when there are obvious reasons.
Good luck.

F

feecg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only patience is not enough, you also need focus and seek for a great opportunity to multiply your stack