Chips
garibe

garibe

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well, for every great results/blessings (quads from heaven) you must make a sacrifice.

Bad thing the sacrifice happened after you received the blessing lol

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
While its always nice to flop 4 of a kind like you did, its nearly impossible to get paid. That run out did not help and both other players problem is they most likely were going to lost to any pair. As the hand played it was no likely anyone had a big pocket pair that would have paid off you oversized bet.

Hand 2 was unlucky to be out flopped. and sometime you just run into the aces as was in the 3rd hand.

I doubt the poker gods were mad at you but those bastard do have a sick scene of humor dont they.

forrow10

forrow10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont know... I thing I would play diferent thosehands... First I would not call so easy that reraise with that A at flop....you got two villans and bad position... very hard situation to be agresive post flop.
Anyway that situations are very common xd Sadly

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
While its always nice to flop 4 of a kind like you did, its nearly impossible to get paid. That run out did not help and both other players problem is they most likely were going to lost to any pair. As the hand played it was no likely anyone had a big pocket pair that would have paid off you oversized bet.

I agree. I like slowplaying both flop and turn, because we have the hand completely looked up, and its brilliant for us, if someone can improve on a big card like a K or J. Any overcard to the board. And if someone have a pocket pair, they will likely bet it themselfes for protection. With this runout we should try to get paid by A high on the river, and the way to do that is to bet small like maybe half pot. By overbetting we made it really easy for them to make the correct decision and fold.

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem when you flop a four of a kind is that nobody knows what to do with the flop except you. What we learn from this: It is not enough to hit well yourself, your opponent should also get a good hand that cannot beat yours. Pocket kings could have been folded after the flop. It's just too likely that he'll hold an ace, but you didn't have to pay that much either. There is nothing you can do about the last hand. As a short stack you had to push in this situation. If you are not lucky you are also powerless

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pocket kings could have been folded after the flop. It's just too likely that he'll hold an ace, but you didn't have to pay that much either. There is nothing you can do about the last hand. As a short stack you had to push in this situation. If you are not lucky you are also powerless

Also agree with this. We definitely dont need to go broke with KK on A high board against two opponents. The last hand, where we jammed AJ for 10 bigs and ran into AA, is just a standard cooler. These suck, when they happen, but in the long run they dont matter. We will also have AA, when someone else have AJ, and then they will also get it in bad against us.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would play quads to look I’m bluffing, with small raises, if they pay- great, if they don’t, well they wouldn’t anyway. No need for slow playing our big hands in micro stakes, most of the time we will be paid. Second hand- clear fold, no need for paying such big raise with ace on the flop, also he could have set, or two pairs there. Third hand- you put your self in that position, you must jam all in with AJ in this situation, and cooler came to you. Nothing you can do. But don’t worry to much, through our mistakes we all learn, and becoming better players.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes you have to wonder if the Poker Gods are Mad at You or someone has a real sense of humour when dealing the hands; these hands were almost consecutive, first instance guaranteed winner of ?$, and then ...well watch and see.. and yes I jammed the last one as I was short stacked:):):)

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/424WzqS4e
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/424Wzs88J
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/424WzsrAs

Hand one - obviously your opponents didn't have any pair. Consider donk min-betting the turn next time in that spot. Any lose player with 2 diamonds will most likely call at least that one street. But make it a delayed min donk bet - as if you might be the one with the flush draw.

Hand 2 you played pre perfectly. Might consider a slightly larger bet - but I personally like your sizing. Flop - it's always an ace, 2 pair or a set - so unfortunately we have to fold. The jam was wishful your fishy 3bet caller was bluffing. They hardly never ever are.
If you haven't seen my post - "KKs my favorite hand to lose money/chips with" - check it out. :)

Hand 3 - standard spot. Nothing you can do. Anyone who isn't a scardy cat is playing the hand the exact same way you did.

Last edited: