P

PeteBoy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AT
Chips
Hi,

I hope somebody can help me. The most money i lose in Poker against hidden Trips for an example. I got AQo , ich raise preflop 3 bb, opponent calls. Flop 43Q , I raise 1 Pot all opponents fold one calls. Turn 43QA I have got less then the Potsize chips left, so I go All In. Opponent calls. River. 43QA8 i lose with AAQQ against 333. I got kicked out from the tournament. There are other Examples too where oppents play their trips more aggressive.

I hope somebody can help me, I just got no idea how to avoid these looses. How shell I know that my opponent got Trips????

Greetings
Peteboy

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello brother
Just today I made a post with a very similar situation.
Look what I did in my case, but in your case it's much worse because you have two pairs of AAQQ it's very difficult to escape this hand.
Watching live tournaments I think it's a hand that not even the Pros escape, if you watch videos almost everyone is stuck with sets or trios as they are called
Cheers;););)

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi,

I hope somebody can help me. The most money i lose in Poker against hidden Trips for an example. I got AQo , ich raise preflop 3 bb, opponent calls. Flop 43Q , I raise 1 Pot all opponents fold one calls. Turn 43QA I have got less then the Potsize chips left, so I go All In. Opponent calls. River. 43QA8 i lose with AAQQ against 333. I got kicked out from the tournament. There are other Examples too where oppents play their trips more aggressive.

I hope somebody can help me, I just got no idea how to avoid these looses. How shell I know that my opponent got Trips????

Greetings
Peteboy
in such a hand, when you have AQ, this is an ordinary cooler, there’s nothing to be done, you can sometimes try to check on the turn, but then your opponent will bet and we can’t fold here with 2 higher pairs, if you have a large stack, then you can bet a little smaller like this so that it is not necessary to go all-in to the river, in medium and short stacks it is just a cooler

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
First of all, that is a set, not trips. Set is when you have a pocket pair in your hand and hit the third on the board. Trips is when you hit the other two cards on the board.

What happened to you is your opponent was set mining with a tiny little pair that usually folds if they don't hit the set on the flop.

Trips are worse and more frustrating .

Block them! Ban them!

Or beat them with a better set, straight, flush, full, quads, straight or royal flushes.

There are quite a few options.

But I totally get it how frustrating it is when you hit your A and K with AK and they beat you with a Q3o cause there's a couple of 3s on the table.

In any case, you can't escape it, unless you acquire enough experience and then you could possibly stop overvaluing your two pair. I still lose to sets and trips but less often as I can sometimes tell by the way they play. Do I lose a bit? yes, but not the whole stack anymore.

P

PeteBoy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
AT
Chips
Thanks for your answers. I also think in Live cash games lets say 1/3 (NL300), if You raise 3 - 4 bb nobody is going to limp in with something like pocket 3s. It would be 9 - 12 bugs just to hope to flop a set.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
look if he called all the streets, I think you should have understood that he is not afraid of your card and the cards on the table, thus you understand that he has a higher combination and fold everything easily

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands