How has he got that?

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yesterday I busted a tourney holding QQ and after seeing the opponents cards thought how the hell has he got that. My question is has anyone thought the same?

The tourney is question was a $30 freeze out

It was 3rd level maybe 125/250

Most at table had 10k effective stacks
I have around 14k villan has slightly more

3 limpers to myself in the C/o with QQ I raise to 1500 only the SB calls

Flop 3d 3s 8d which I cbet just under half pot and he makes the call

Turn 2c
With flush draw on board I over bet pot hoping to get calls from small pocket pairs such as 5s and 6s

Opponent jams for around 2k more

What are we putting opponent on here?

Last edited:
terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call.

You're not giving exact numbers but after the flop you've both committed about 30% of your stacks. Then on the turn you commit about another 30%. If you fold you won't be a great situation. You're basically already committed here. And if you win you'll be in a great spot.

He could have you beat with 88 or maybe 22 or even quads. But the rest of his range just doesn't beat you. OTOH you look like you could have nothing and are just double barreling.

That's how I see it. It sounds from what you said like he turned over something that we wouldn't reasonably expect in his range. It happens.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The opponent turned over 23o and I just thought what the hell when he jammed I thought he's got 88 or A3 having put that much of my stack in couldn't fold.

The original question was meant to be has an opponent ever turned their cards and had you think WTF?

I certainly didn't have him on 23o

A

abpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, I was thinking maybe 88 or 22. And with you wanting your original question to be" has an opponent ever turned their cards and had you think WTF?": The answer is absolutely! What's funny is, even though the result is the same, in that I lose the hand, it's so much more painful when they turn over some trash instead of a good hand. 88, okay, I can see that, nice hand. 23off, you've got to be kidding me!

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I was thinking maybe 88 or 22. And with you wanting your original question to be" has an opponent ever turned their cards and had you think WTF?": The answer is absolutely! What's funny is, even though the result is the same, in that I lose the hand, it's so much more painful when they turn over some trash instead of a good hand. 88, okay, I can see that, nice hand. 23off, you've got to be kidding me!

So painful haha.
Out the small blind too calling a 10th of his stack with 23off

A3 or 88 yeah don't mind those but come on
It's like having AA cracked by a funky two pair like 83 that hurts ��