alaercio (MP): 2,847 (71 bb)
rrdrum (MP+1): 914 (23 bb)
OtavioStar66 (LP): 2,014 (50 bb)
gallocobain1 (CO): 719 (18 bb)
Maebato (BU): 1,864 (47 bb)
osvaldojoserico (SB): 1,276 (32 bb)
doism (BB): 914 (23 bb)

Pre-Flop: (105) Hero (alaercio) is MP with J Q
2 players fold, alaercio (MP) calls 40, 3 players fold, Maebato (BU) calls 40, osvaldojoserico (SB) calls 20, 1 fold

Flop: (205) A T 7 (3 players)
osvaldojoserico (SB) checks, alaercio (MP) checks, Maebato (BU) bets 80, osvaldojoserico (SB) calls 80, alaercio (MP) calls 80

Turn: (445) 9 (3 players)
osvaldojoserico (SB) checks, alaercio (MP) checks, Maebato (BU) checks

River: (445) 3 (3 players)
osvaldojoserico (SB) checks, alaercio (MP) checks, Maebato (BU) checks

Total pot: 445

Showdown:
Maebato (BU) mucks J K (high card, Ace)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 14%, Flop: <1%, Turn: 0%, River: 0%)

osvaldojoserico (SB) shows K A (a pair of Aces)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 57%, Flop: 2%, Turn: 0%, River: 0%)

alaercio (MP) shows J Q (a flush, Ace high)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 28%, Flop: 98%, Turn: 100%, River: 100%)

alaercio (MP) wins 445

Last edited:
micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played it way too passively imo, i would’ve bet 1/2 to 2/3 pot on turn and river

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you will get a call on the flop if you raise as well.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
3bet pre. Half pot on the flop. 2/3 pot on the turn and river.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There’s not a ton more value you’re getting out of this hand on the river the way you played it. I think you misplayed it post flop. I would’ve bet flop. In MP you have a lot more aces in your range. The problem the is KJ might not come along. AK calls though and when there’s a blank turn you can bet something like 1/3 to 1/2 pot and expect any Ace to call along with some flush and straight draws. Remember your range is made up of mostly Ax and pocket pairs. If you’ve built a table image of being on the tighter side you should have KcJc, KcQc, QcJc and possibly Qc9c and Jc9c but that’s it. 5 combos. If you’ve played somewhat loose you play the hand the way you did but you’re still not getting max value on your premium hands. If there was a flop without the Ace and you replaced it with something lower then the 10 you should check to ensure a bet. But with an Ace on board and you not having one I’d for sure be betting.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in the pre-flop maybe you should raise but what I did not understand is that after the BU check in the Turn you do again check the river, why? how you wanted to give value to the hand, honestly I do not understand

Alaercio da Rocha

Alaercio da Rocha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I retraced

in the pre-flop maybe you should raise but what I did not understand is that after the BU check in the Turn you do again check the river, why? how you wanted to give value to the hand, honestly I do not understand

Actually I ended up backing down because I thought some of them had a Kx that could hit my game. I played badly:mad:

HobokenNJ

HobokenNJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Three checks is at least two checks too many. Maybe you don't want to bet the turn because you want someone to draw a better hand, but I would've put money in on the turn & river.

With a 9, someone might've connected with a straight draw & could've called. Someone with a pair of aces (or two pairs), might've called.

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
I think you should have at least bet the turn. Maybe you were waiting to see the river. But I dont think you should be giving free cards. You want to play, you gotta pay.

TheBandit

TheBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you should have raised and tried to see how much they loved their cards. playing like you did actually open you up to getting beat by the K of clubs... Don't give people cheap looks to draw cards it will kill you

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands