Gavincwb

Gavincwb

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you are close to the bubble, the ideal is to play against mid-base stakes, not investing against those who have a lot of chips because they tend to call more. If I have up to 13bb, I just go all in or fold. More than that, it's still worth a mini rase.

markdias

markdias

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
all in with top pair, hoping to double up and get back in the game!

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What was your playing style at that time?
I wait for good cards, at least those with which I will have at least some chance, and I go all-in. Nothing complicated, everything is quite banal and simple :)

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Depending on how low on Chips I am, there is only one solution, All-in or Fold, Trust in the "Poker Gods" and "Lady Luck".

D

dem_al100

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take a risk on Wabank. If only the initial bet was voicked at the table.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on recognizing the right spots at any particular table. Limp/calling all in with your random hand is definitely a pro move. (Pro at regular depositting)

Bummy

Bummy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I just wait for better cards and go all in hoping to double my stack to a more comfortable game

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
If you have few chips, you don't need to throw them around, you need to wait for a strong hand or pair to go all-in and try to win twice as many chips and continue playing more carefully. If you have few chips and go into unnecessary hands, you will lose every time and end up being eliminated from the tournament

L

luk0123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I just wait for at least semi strong hand and just go all in. In this case it is either I will rebuild my stack or I'm out to fight another day.

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Playing all-in only allows you to scare everyone.

Tech101205

Tech101205

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When the chips are low obviously we need to switch to push / fold mode

But with what kind of hands we can do so will absolutely depends upon your opponents at the table you are playing

We gotta adjust our shove range based on that

But Generally
With 10-15 bb
We gotta stick with AT + , QKs , KJs ,sometimes I even go for TJs , QTs , KTs based completely on table dynamics and opponents
As for pairs with 10-15 bb
It's 66+ for me
But it's adjustable based on situation

Some people would even go with 22 as well

With 5-7 bb
Any Ax , connectors , +22

T

troma

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
With a big hand I raise half chips and push all in at the flop

B

BrunoFabri01

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it's too low, what I do is wait for a high hand or a pair to go all in.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Push when very low, you may get a fold or hit a lucky low card combination. Try not to blind out looking for good cards that invariably never come.

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wait until some more or less normal card will come, and with something like QJ or Ax and go all in

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Below 12-13BB, I usually use a push or fold strategy.
Above it, I adapt my game to the tournament and the players sitting at the table.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Your tactical arsenal is significantly limited, your opponents understand this and will try to knock you out of the table as quickly as possible, viewing you as a victim. The lack of a supply of chips does not allow you to maneuver. Even if a very strong card comes to you, your opponent may go “all-in”, and you will not be able to adequately answer him. In addition, realizing that every attempt could be the last, many players with a small stack are psychologically unable to play as required by the basic strategy.If you have a small stack, you should play tight. You can't afford to waste your chips on unnecessarily risky bets.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
There is still a lot of maneuverability at 10-15bb if you're prepared to fight. Please ignore the comments that just say "go all-in". It is a far too simplistic a tactic and will often be non-optimal and sometimes -ev depending on your exact stack size, the other players stack size and ICM implications.

One suggestion I would have would be to target the blinds from later positions, and more timid players when they are in the blinds.

Don't panic! Many tournaments have been won by players that had less that 10bb at some point.

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
push or fold is the optimal strategy for 10 blinds

M

Misanthrop

Rock Star