jproy444

jproy444

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I would like to know if some of you play spin and go (and all other name given to this type of poker on every other platform).

Is it possible to make money with this type of game or it's only luck.

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is possible to make money on Spin and Go's but as with any game you do need luck but you also need to know how to play them.
I see a lot of people going allin early on with a marginal hand, you are far better waiting for decent hands, as long as you
don't wait too long, as with any game look out for people who are always raising and 3 bet them a lot.
It is not only luck but you need to play a LOT of Spin and Go's to have a chance to win and remember the variance will
be huge, you will have long spells of losing game after game but if you always play your A game you might and I mean might
make money but it is tough.

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If you feel comfortable in heads-up play, you can try this format. Big wins are possible if you manage to hit a good multiplier in the spin and win the tournament. I've been playing Spin & Go a lot for the past 3-4 years at different limits from $0.25 to $5. Usually x2 or x3 appears in the game, less often x5. A couple of times I managed to win 100 dollars at a limit of 1 dollar and once I won a Sunday Million ticket worth 109 dollars in a spin of 1.5 dollars.

Lucho.riv9

Lucho.riv9

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The way I see it, in this type of game, the luck factor is much more important due to the short duration of the games and the few hands you can play, anyways there is just another gameplay with a larger range of good hands, and you can study this gameplay, it will help you in tournaments when you arive to final table.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
They are beatable but the win-rate is very low since you can't get much edge if the stacks are so shallow.

I also find them boring since there is a lot of all-ins and robotic play.

Pityesz1974

Pityesz1974

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Of course, you can earn money with it.This is a separate profession.There is a separate literature on it.You also need to learn this, like Hold'em.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think is possible to make money on them..but need high volume

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Of course I play when I'm very bored and don't have much time. I don't have much time playing in the back, I have a great time and you can win there, but you also need luck there because you can lose quickly or win, you need to make even fewer mistakes, so I think you need to play them when you don't have much time and want to play poker

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Aggressively . But I play them only for fun or for challenges . On the lo g run I have no profits in o keep on playing it or try yo go to the next level . But if it's only 25c , to get a ticket or sth else , then it wouldn't mind me playing one game . And it lasts very little time , that's very good . If I had more success I would play them a lot more , because of their speed .

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Of course, You can earn fast money with it, Spin and go are pretty much solved but the short stack, hyper turbo structure coupled with the fact that the effective rake in that format is massive it can take a very large sample size of games to overcome variance, It's kind of hard to work out a strategy because of how few hands you're gonna get. I invariably fold as many hands as I can early to give me a marginally better chance of hitting a more suitable hand and getting an early all in win.

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Tomorrow it will be 1 year since I begun my adventure on the GGPOKER spin and go. Only played the free ticket offered by them. Made 124 $. Was itm about 45% of games played. But if I was to pay all those buyins the profit would slide 100 $. It would still be a profit... But is it worth it?

Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Tomorrow it will be 1 year since I begun my adventure on the GGPOKER spin and go. Only played the free ticket offered by them. Made 124 $. Was itm about 45% of games played. But if I was to pay all those buyins the profit would slide 100 $. It would still be a profit... But is it worth it?
You were ITM 45% in which games exacly?

N

Nate420

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
NZ
Chips
That's a great insight! A lot of effort for $24 profit ha ha

MazzErati

MazzErati

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It is possible to make money on Spin and Go's but as with any game you do need luck but you also need to know how to play them.
I see a lot of people going allin early on with a marginal hand, you are far better waiting for decent hands, as long as you
don't wait too long, as with any game look out for people who are always raising and 3 bet them a lot.
It is not only luck but you need to play a LOT of Spin and Go's to have a chance to win and remember the variance will
be huge, you will have long spells of losing game after game but if you always play your A game you might and I mean might
make money but it is tough.

I would say that it is not difficult, but practically unreal for an ordinary player, those who earn and win there, this discipline is already counted in them, and it will be extremely difficult to play with them. This is my subjective opinion.

GDKavindu

GDKavindu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LK
Chips
I play only Spin Go at GG poker ev en 6 max because have time to get best hand to play the game. Other platforms offer only 3 max not have time to play always all in

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You play aggressively focused and carefully. You don't have much time, you must take advantage of all the interesting hands, you can't wait for a super hand, so you must use bluffing again carefully!

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Long term few dollars here and there. Less players, bigger luck factor too.
Tho they are fast and might improve your HU game :)

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Although it is compared to a small tournament, these types of games are beneficial for me, because the playing time is shorter but the winnings are also smaller. When I want more adrenaline, I will definitely play the tournaments with higher buy-in.