Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you play paired flops?

Do you c-bet if you are the original raiser?

I usually check back because that is how I would slow-play such a strong flop. And - pot control.

What can my opponent flat call with that he would call a bet on the flop on a paired flop??

At what level of play do you find villains who would correctly ignore the flop and focus on your starting pocket cards.

I am always surprised when I have one villain isolated and they flop trips.

Really? T44 flop and they are holding a 4 !! ??

You flop a set of 444 on me - great - good for you!

But trips ?

Would you play this scenario differently in a cash game?

Any input is appreciated.

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
paired flop is a GTO c-bet for me if i'm the original raiser

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the texture, my hand, my position, the effective stack size and the number of opponents. The fact, the board is paired, is not important enough to override all these other factors.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you play paired flops?

Do you c-bet if you are the original raiser?

I usually check back because that is how I would slow-play such a strong flop. And - pot control.

What can my opponent flat call with that he would call a bet on the flop on a paired flop??

At what level of play do you find villains who would correctly ignore the flop and focus on your starting pocket cards.

I am always surprised when I have one villain isolated and they flop trips.

Really? T44 flop and they are holding a 4 !! ??

You flop a set of 444 on me - great - good for you!

But trips ?

Would you play this scenario differently in a cash game?

Any input is appreciated.

So, each pairing board is unique, but they can be divided into two groups:

High paired flops, where the pair consists of 10-10 and higher (e.g. K♣K♥4♦);
Low paired flops, where the pair consists of 9-9 and below (e.g., 8♣8♥4♦).
These two groups of pairing boards require a different approach because of the way ranges affect the hand. So BB has more equity on low paired boards. For example, if the flop comes out 8♣8♥4♦, BB will have many hands with one overcard or two, and a backdoor flush draw

You should play this way if you don't think your opponent is doing enough check-raising with all hands.

You should play this way if you think your opponent doesn't check-raise often enough on the paired boards. This way you exploit his mistake of low frequency of check-raises.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I check-push if I know that the opponent is fish, and if the opponent is nit, then a cbet of 1/3 of the pot also takes place.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the texture, my hand, my position, the effective stack size and the number of opponents. The fact, the board is paired, is not important enough to override all these other factors.

This. Thank you for reminding me of the really important variables in playing a hand for the win.

So, each pairing board is unique, but they can be divided into two groups:

High paired flops, where the pair consists of 10-10 and higher (e.g. K♣K♥4♦);
Low paired flops, where the pair consists of 9-9 and below (e.g., 8♣8♥4♦).
These two groups of pairing boards require a different approach because of the way ranges affect the hand. So BB has more equity on low paired boards. For example, if the flop comes out 8♣8♥4♦, BB will have many hands with one overcard or two, and a backdoor flush draw

You should play this way if you don't think your opponent is doing enough check-raising with all hands.

You should play this way if you think your opponent doesn't check-raise often enough on the paired boards. This way you exploit his mistake of low frequency of check-raises.

I like the way you break this down and start to put villain on a range and then test that assumption.

What if it is a K44 flop?

What if I bet 1/3 pot and villain check-raises? Am I folding A-high?

If somebody always defends their BB then most of the time they have nothing.

Are you c-betting to get the villain to fold?

Sometimes I check-push if I know that the opponent is fish, and if the opponent is nit, then a cbet of 1/3 of the pot also takes place.

Are you c-betting to motivate the villain to fold?

Do players ever call your check-push light? Or do they mostly fold unless they have the trips or AA?

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are many ways to play, and none is wrong, it is from your experience, the only thing is to try to enlarge the pot, do not slow play.

N

Negan92222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you, my friend. I have often become unstuck with this type of flop. It's frustrating:confused: