How Do You Know When to Stop Playing for the Day? ??

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tilt

You should feel when you are tilting....you usually rush into game or hands.I think three games lost is enough. 10% of your bank roll with 2% each SNG buyin.

D

Diana Summers

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Signs it's time for me to quit for the day is when I start to lose focus, and decisions become more influenced by emotions.

A few hours of bad beats can easily turn into me playing badly as a consequence if I'm not careful.

absolutely agree with you, when you sit in the tournament for a long time you need to leave after it, otherwise fatigue will affect the game and you will begin to play with emotions

webseoteam

webseoteam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Signs it's time for me to quit for the day is when I start to lose focus, and decisions become more influenced by emotions.

D

Dingospo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, when I double my money, I say, it is sufficient for today and sit out the table. It works out fine for me.

B

Brandon morris

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My new strategy that's working pretty well for me now is when I start i play no more than 3 tables, I only play 1 tourney and while it's going I play 2 of the 8 man sng double ups for like 20 to 50 cents. I usually win those while I'm grinding the tourney I'll start two more when they end and repeat either till I lose both( cuz if I win one lose one break even and repeat ) or until the tourney starts to get dicey if I've made it that far and usually by the time I'm at the bubble I've already won back my buy in an add on in the 50 cent double ups works for me so far

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As always the same as soon as my money starts to disappear very quickly so it is time to end the session.

E

Edvin55555

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Losing 10 buy-ins in a session is not unheard of for online cash game players, particularly if you play a lot of tables, and no matter how strong your resolve you will not be playing your ‘A-game’ after such a bad run. As difficult as it seems, quitting in this spot is definitely the best decision.

E

Edvin55555

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to play your best, you must always feel good physically and be mentally alert so you can focus on the game. Take breaks when you need to because the game will always be there when you're ready to come back to it.

D

dadhi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything depends on the person and on the time that he has. You can play all day, and you can give the game and only a few hours.

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so many good and useful comments, but for me, time to stop is when there are no more freerolls :)
until i get lucky :) then ill get back to this thread :)

Trick1988

Trick1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so many good and useful comments, but for me, time to stop is when there are no more freerolls :)
until i get lucky :) then ill get back to this thread :)

the same story in my case, sometimes in the evening I lose the whole bankroll, I hope for good luck and it's back to you

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play cash to stop playing me enough to lose 3 stacks, if I play and I'm lucky as long as I have enough strength.

T

Tylor Mendez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play as long as you are not feeling tired. Take a break if you are tired and take a nap or something.

W

wacosteel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are tired you should stop. As long as you're playing well and you're into it, I would keep playing.

S

stamark

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
That time is when you lose your passion for the game. Maybe you are not bored yet (because maybe you have nothing else to do) and register to new tournaments but the passion inside you has gone for the day. You can say it excitement too.I've faced it in the past and now before I register to a tournament I try to realize if I am able to play for about 3-4 hours more

Viera56

Viera56

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's the hardest part, even playing for years we're all susceptible to tilt at some point. The great move is you try to lose little at this time. I find out when it's time to stop when I want to embrace non-existent flips, miracle cards, horrible bluffs. But at tilt we do not have a very strong self-criticism about it.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you feel like you just ate 10 quarts of Ice cream feel. Too much of a good thing is a bad thing. Like playing poker which I love but then too much of it gets grotesque and I don't even want to look at another hand it is time to quit for the time being.

P

piko_bianko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After I get in final table in a huge tournament, usually it's the time to do something else.
But there are some other days that even if I do the smartest plays and shove-ins, bad beats just hit me in the head over & over. Those days I can't stop playing before I get really tired of being unlucky or having depleted my dopamine levels by seeing flops :p

derek jones

derek jones

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have this same stopping problem,.. sadly mine doesnt stop until the bankroll reads $0 .

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree and also I think it varies from person to person.

Did you comment on enjoying the breaks, what do you recommend ??
little walk Stretching?
What are you adding ??
I feel a lot of pain, maybe need to invest in a chair with a headrest.

If you want to play your best, you must always feel good physically and be mentally alert so you can focus on the game. Take breaks when you need to because the game will always be there when you're ready to come back to it.

Z

Zhud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need to regulate your time in the client, as well as the number of tournaments that are played, of course, by bankroll

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When ready to smash phone after logging and relogging into partypoker....all day....all day PARTYPOKER...all day.bout three hours spent logging in and being disconnected...so so angry...so so so so so so angry.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually, when I start punting. It is hard to stop sometimes because we have usually lost some of our money and really want to get it back, however tomorrow is a new day and you can regain your losses the next day.