How do you get to be a regular tournament winner?

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone.

I would love to know if someone in this forum is able to explain to me how to be a winner in MTTs. My case is that I am starting, my level is a rookie (although 10 years ago I played freerolls and, moreover, I won one or another, then I stopped playing poker for particular reasons).

But I still encounter situations that are impossible to dodge. I try, learn, read articles, apply advice ... All this leads me to that in most of all the tournaments in which I participate, in the first levels I almost always place the top 10 places. Also, according to the tournament, it has happened to me to play too tight and crawl into prizes or lose in bubble after 4 hours of play.

The problem, I say very humbly, is that you have to chain at least 10 winning hands. There is a lot of bad player, who doing things right, make me get chipleader almost always. But a tournament is very long. Not worth Is not sufficient. It is so long that with some unfortunate hand you just cross and throw everything on the ground.

What makes me wonder when I see so many Poker Pros who win tournaments almost continuously and besides the fat ones how is it possible. They don't have badbeats? How to play poker when on the occasions you lose, you lose, and on the occasions you win, you lose too? How do you not **** your hand for 4 hours?

From already thank you very much.

Best regards from Buenos Aires.

F

Fryesmetalroofs777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played poker online for many years on the micro level and won. My biggest problem is after i get confident and start spending alot of $ on a tournament, my thought process changes drastically. I don't play as many hands. I can be the chip leader for the first couple of hrs, but then i get nervous and dont play as many hands. My advice would be try to bluff more often, because some tournaments you wont see AA preflop or even AJ. Timing is everything though.

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello my friend.

Thank you very much for your response and advice.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone.

I would love to know if someone in this forum is able to explain to me how to be a winner in MTTs. My case is that I am starting, my level is a rookie (although 10 years ago I played freerolls and, moreover, I won one or another, then I stopped playing poker for particular reasons).

But I still encounter situations that are impossible to dodge. I try, learn, read articles, apply advice ... All this leads me to that in most of all the tournaments in which I participate, in the first levels I almost always place the top 10 places. Also, according to the tournament, it has happened to me to play too tight and crawl into prizes or lose in bubble after 4 hours of play.

The problem, I say very humbly, is that you have to chain at least 10 winning hands. There is a lot of bad player, who doing things right, make me get chipleader almost always. But a tournament is very long. Not worth Is not sufficient. It is so long that with some unfortunate hand you just cross and throw everything on the ground.

What makes me wonder when I see so many Poker Pros who win tournaments almost continuously and besides the fat ones how is it possible. They don't have badbeats? How to play poker when on the occasions you lose, you lose, and on the occasions you win, you lose too? How do you not **** your hand for 4 hours?

From already thank you very much.

Thank U 4 Posting.

We have to be careful about making assumptions regarding Pros who win all the time.
wsop has 50+ events yet few pros ever win 2 in one year.
EPT has only 2 players who have ever one 2 championships in all the years it has run.
Only a small number of pros have ever one an EPT a WSOP and a WPT in all the years they have been running.

So we need to realize that a very good win % is 5% and that is for the top 10% of pros.
As we are not the best we should be looking at 3% winning or less.

This means winning 1 out of 33 tournaments you enter. A very good win rate for a non pro.

However, we always have to improve our game and we do this by reviewing our hands and seeing what mistakes we are making.

One of the biggest mistakes we can make in tournaments is assuming how our villains will play.

If our villains do not fold we cannot make them fold.

So when we get late in a tournament the key is to see what the villains are doing and exploit it. Do not have a set late tournament strategy observe your villains and exploit them.

To be a winner we need to exploit the exploitable. This means knowing what they are doing wrong. Which means knowing what right is.

Hope this helps
:):)

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Volume, you play a lot and always make the best decisions you can thus giving yourself the best chance at catching some run good. MTTs are very swingy and can be rough variance wise, gotta stick to the grind and bang out the volume

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi my friends.

First of all thank you very much for your answers and advice.
In any case, sometimes it occurs to me that not all that glitters is gold (that is, perhaps the professionals will express their victories and hide their defeats).
But well, maybe it's because, beyond professionals, they are human.
Again, thank you very much to everyone.

Best regards.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Because of the dispersion is impossible to win in poker (especially tournament) constantly! But if your level is high you can often get the money!

P

PST

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
not often!

VERY LOW win rate in mtts. Even for pros. Making the money and/or the final table breaks you even (or close to it). But winning pays off big for all the bust-outs. Especially on the bubble! Anybody that tells you different is a LIAR!!!!

Shawnt

Shawnt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Warshiping AA

without luck your skill can't shine.. play better hands. Be more aggressive. Learn how to sit on your chip and use them as leverage.. Gl

Winner Poker