How do u play after a FT

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all. The psychologist in me is wondering if your game changes the next tournament after a strong finish (eg final table). I’ve noticed that I often have a bad tournament after I have a good one. I’m wondering if I become over confident in my abilities.

So, does anyone else feel this way? And is there anything you do to combat it? I know we should always strive to play the same way regardless of previous games but....

Thanks.

alexanderst

alexanderst

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What will you do if you are in the bubble?

Sometimes fold A/A or top pair in the bubble and you be the last in chips?
For my part, yes I did maybe not was the best choice but work it :)

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well just keep on trying FT is just a Good game you played so can put it to your mind and do your best to play the same game played to practice and that will make you better every time. Good Luck At The Tables!

C

cgcook38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find that I am often a lot more impatient the next go around. I am not up for the grind. It would probably be wise to take a break or to switch games if I feel that way. Sometimes I am not even that impatient, but I fail to adjust my starting hand range down to suit the lower blinds - it's more just a lack of attention. It's good to be aware of this stuff!

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Over Confidence?

Hey all. The psychologist in me is wondering if your game changes the next tournament after a strong finish (eg final table). I’ve noticed that I often have a bad tournament after I have a good one. I’m wondering if I become over confident in my abilities.

So, does anyone else feel this way? And is there anything you do to combat it? I know we should always strive to play the same way regardless of previous games but....

Thanks.

For me, I have played long enough to know that when I make the money, I know that it was not only experience but what I call Lady Luck. Skill gets me to a certain level, but what is it called when I need to double up or it's over and I hit a pair of fours, go all-in (usually just double bet on these pairs), and hit a set on the flop while the opponent holding a pair of aces loses. That has happened. Last night I was in the same predicament, all folded to me on the button, I had a pair of aces, went all in and got called and lost to the BB with a J and a lower card offsuit. Don't know what I call that either, except the other person was lucky.
:eek:

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It has happened to me, it takes a lot of patience, we have to learn from the mistakes we make so we can improve in the next tournaments

slurredreaction

slurredreaction

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I hit 1st on a tournament I might play a little loose on the next one.

E.G. I won a bunch of money so now it's time to have a little fun with poker and play loose. Just don't play that way for the rest of your bankroll. Sometimes it's good to have a little fun in poker.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
After I make a final table I will feel a lot more confident in my game but I don't let it affect how I play in the next one. I have learned poker is a long term game and you cant let the results of one game change the next one. If anything if I have a losing streak it is more likely to affect my play.

MoryMorte

MoryMorte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m more prone to get into coin flips and gambling nature of the game. Heck I just boosted my BR. I don’t care. Let’s flop the coin babyyyy

O

OneMoreTry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll most likely finish high in the next 1-2 tournaments too (on the same day) because I kinda get into a flow. :D