How to detect a BluffFinal table, passive or aggressive?

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is your strategy? .. you get into the action or just expect others to take the initiative and eliminate other players

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It differs. be a dynamic player - adjust to the table and counter it.
Loose table - play tight and vice versa.
Generally speaking in low buy ins you want to sit tight, unless there is big money up top and people are afraid to do anything.
Good Luck!

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Come bubble time, I'm not trying to do anything stupid. I'm always aiming for more than a min cash, but I don't want to go out on the bubble either. After all, even just making your buy-in back is better than nothing.

But I don't like to be just sitting there counting on someone else to do my dirty work for me. Besides, while you're waiting the blinds and antes are not only eating your stack up, but they are also increasing. In the meantime one of those short stacks that you're counting on to get knocked out in front of you might pick up a decent hand and get doubled up. The next thing you know, you're the one sitting at the bottom of the leaderboard with every one hoping for your demise.

Of course, as the bubble approaches, there are always the guys that are trying to take advantage of the players that are just trying to hold on in hopes of someone else getting knocked out before they run out of chips. They're basically trying to keep pressure on the short stacks with big raises and all-ins. My strategy is to take advantage of the players that are trying to take advantage. I'm looking to see who is constantly button raising or shoving on the blinds, especially my blind and looking for an opportunity to play back at them. A lot of times they will shut it down as soon as you shove on them. But some of the bigger stacks might stand they're ground even with the worst cards and just hope they get lucky on you. And of course they always could. But I feel better taking my fate into my own hands and taking a shot than counting on someone else to do the work for me. And I feel even better still when it works out in my favor.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If my opponents are very aggressive, I try to trap them. This is usually the best option against aggressive players at the final table.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I try to be aggressive first if possible !!!

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
At the final table I try to play as aggressively as possible and choose my starting hands carefully, and a bluff there for a nice pot is ok.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Depends only in one factor: your stack

Big stack , you try to apply as much pressure as you can , your opponents will fight back only with premiums most of the times.

Medium stack , you can't do much , the bigger stack will bully you and maybe the same with you stacks will do the same because of ICM. So it would be wise to play ABC poker and let them kill each other.

Small(est) stack (of the table) , just chill and wait for a decent hand in order to open jam , not much we can do here.Open shove and hope for a double up.

B

bgmyshu24

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patiently trap 'em when you have good cards.