How to deal with donk bets

Gustav Salomonsson

Gustav Salomonsson

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, my first post here :)

I've been playing online poker for a long time on and off and I realised something that I'd like your insight on, specifically in MTT.

When someone min-donk-bets into me when i was the preflop aggressor I don't have a typical play, sometimes I play it as if he checked and sometimes I feel like beginners do that when they hit the flop cause they don't think about me being the preflop aggressor.

Thoughts?

PershingSt

PershingSt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always view it as a weak play , so i just proceed like you said and act like it never happened and just raise to my normal cbet amount . Even if they continue their range in generals is really weak and can be blown off on future streets if they dont improve . I have had good success maintaining this strategy in both mtts and cash games

CincyTim83

CincyTim83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea the quick min donk bet I believe is a pot control bet. They are saying I have a draw and I want to see it as cheap as possible. Also I have seen it as them holding a monster and enticing a raise

W

walleye

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not read much into a small donk bet. Perhaps a drawing hand. You might charge him more with your cbet.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Add the donk bet to what you were going to c-bet and make the bet.

KingQuadDaddy

KingQuadDaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This method is used as previously stated to control the pot. As a preventative measure, so as not to appear weak with a check. There are multiple ways to play back, its all going to depend on hand strength, and if you want to let them try to catch.

Viera56

Viera56

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
c-bet is donk way to get a free card, u have to always raise.