How to deal with consistent big bets every hand.

W

w1nd1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I ran across a guy kaizen at betonline who would 4x bet every hand if no one had bet prior and then:confused: 3x bet again on the turn. He did this the entire game and was winning and no one could beat it. How do you deal these players?

shinjibe

shinjibe

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
He can't have the goods all the time. He properly figured that the table was passive and that he could get away with it. A way to deal with him is aggressively re-raising with your premium hands weather he is a good or bad Loose aggressive player.

If bad punish him as above as he'll properly call anything. If he is just trying to exploit a weak table but is able to fold when in a bad position then you need to call with top pair. Raise for value with sets.

Don't get involved without top pair, protect your hands on wet boards as he might be raising any suited connectors A-Rag so on.

Punish him for being so aggressive by producing the goods.

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd wait for a good hand and call especially when he is on the button, greater chance he is stealing. 4x and 3x is not that much of a hurdle.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I totally agree with the last two answers. For me it is also a normal bet size and i also would try to reraise him, especially when i am behind him. Dont' be scared, he also will make mistakes or just raising with mediocre hands. It is really impossible to have always a monster.

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guarantee that this guy is only doing this because it was a very passive table. Deal with this player with only a premium hand. And when you have one push back, but push back hard.He cannot have a great hand all the time so spank him when he don't. Now if this is a freeroll he has nothing at risk (but neither do you) and may catch a winner, or hit that one outter, I mean if its a freeroll it will be a bingo game for a while. But this guy will never make a final table.

Nicholas Benedettini

Nicholas Benedettini

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
W1nd if someone is betting so Heavily he obviously does not have hands every time. I would give the advice to play him this way: Fold often for 3 or 4 maybe 7 hands... and give the image of you are playing tight... then one hand when he 4x bets it Raise him... IF he calls which he probably will cuz hes a dummy when he 3x begts it on the turn RAISE him again and he will surely fold and you will take in a big hand. There is the uncertainty of his hands so if on the turn you are also called then just fold away but Most likely the Big DUmmy will lose big to you. Hes just using his aggresiveness to play against everyones fear and Tight playing style... so if you give him what he wants, ( the appearance that you are playing tight) and then 3 or 4 hands in Reraise his A$$ you will take a nice chunky pot off of him... then go back to playing tight... let him continue his stupid playing style and 6 hands later or so DO THE SAME thing and watch how fearful he is of you. rust me ive seen guys like him and got rich off em they are idiotic but easy to take down :D

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands