How big of a mistake was this?

S

skin_ak

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not too familiar with these spots, but my gut is telling me I should be a lot tighter.

5 people remaining
top 4 get paid
I'm second in chips (14BB)
There are 2 short stacks at the table with 4BB each

Folds around to HERO in the SB. BB is chip leader.

HERO has K4o

Shoving looks to be about +0.73bb but because of all the short stacks and the fact we're on the bubble, is this just a fold?

Thanks

M

moshie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why are you shoving and puting yourself at risk? The 2 short only have 4bb each.
And your hand K4 offsuit? What if the Big blind calls with an Ace or a better King?
Or if he has a pair pre flop? Your hand is not ahead in all these cases?
And if you are ahead and get called. Do you really want to take a 60/40 flip in this situation?

R

rmbmr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not too familiar with these spots, but my gut is telling me I should be a lot tighter.

5 people remaining
top 4 get paid
I'm second in chips (14BB)
There are 2 short stacks at the table with 4BB each

Folds around to HERO in the SB. BB is chip leader.

HERO has K4o

Shoving looks to be about +0.73bb but because of all the short stacks and the fact we're on the bubble, is this just a fold?

Thanks

easy fold

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i assume this was plugged into icmizer to get the +.73 bbs? that's pretty close to being break even, so i can see jamming or folding in this situation. so, it would come down to how bb is playing.

if they're a really tight player that is folding a lot on the bubble, i lean more towards jamming as they're only calling with the top of their range facing a jam w/ 2 short stacks. so, k4 will be getting through majority of the time. if they're willing to defend their bb wider and call of jams wider, i'd lean more towards folding.

personally, i lean more towards jamming just to apply a ton of pressure on the bb because of the 2 short stacks. if stacks are near even, bb would have to call off much tighter in that spot meaning our jam has a better chance of getting through.

in the end, i don't think your jam is terrible at all but folding isn't a bad option either.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a fairly easy fold (especially with 2 shorts), having a comfortable stack!

ajtrevor

ajtrevor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate to tell someone what to do but I think you know that you probably should have folded lol

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience will allow you to get into the prize zone. The main thing is to wait for one of the short stacks to finish the game.