how to appraoch middle phase if you are big stack in big tourneys?

B

blacknight92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play good at start till 30 mins left for registration to end/middle phae/ bubble phase. I have most chip counts(liek two times 2nd ranker) maybe due to luck I am not sure since I am amateur in tournament. However when middle phase get start, i get busted out from 1st to zero like in no time.It have happened many times now. I am not sure what to do about it.

Please help.
Thanks

W

Wiliest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are likely many things you are doing wrong, so its hard to give advice without further details.

M

mrbond8844

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play good at start till 30 mins left for registration to end/middle phae/ bubble phase. I have most chip counts(liek two times 2nd ranker) maybe due to luck I am not sure since I am amateur in tournament. However when middle phase get start, i get busted out from 1st to zero like in no time.It have happened many times now. I am not sure what to do about it.

Please help.
Thanks
are you trying to steal the blinds with raises with nothing followed by betting on bluffs? if that's the case, don't bet stacks on bluffs trying to steal the blinds, stealing the blinds with big chip stacks can be done but only at the right times.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your changing your strategy due to the phase ,to me it makes little sense. I change my strategy to counter my opponents strategy changes during ANY level/Phase of the tournament . It just so happens a good percentage of the community of poker players all read the same books. So it may look like its the phase but its really stack relations to the blinds plus antes and most peoples strategy changes pretty close to the same time using cookie cutter strategy's all written in 50+ different books telling you to do almost the exact same thing as the other guys you can spot the donkeys of course lol. So the majority of amateur and semi-pro poker players I think just get dealt cards and play the same game than whine about variance lol Yes I know variance is real its called odds in lamens terms lol! why did we make this term? to describe the odds of the odds NOT BEING ACTUAL ODDS COMPARED TO REAL WORLD or is it like My dog ate my homework excuse lol just sounds good. there is no correct answer to your question besides table composition.

B

blacknight92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
are you trying to steal the blinds with raises with nothing followed by betting on bluffs? if that's the case, don't bet stacks on bluffs trying to steal the blinds, stealing the blinds with big chip stacks can be done but only at the right times.

Yes, I play kinda loose when big stack and try to bully others using luxury of my stack size. IT sometimes cost me alot.

If your changing your strategy due to the phase ,to me it makes little sense. I change my strategy to counter my opponents strategy changes during ANY level/Phase of the tournament . It just so happens a good percentage of the community of poker players all read the same books. So it may look like its the phase but its really stack relations to the blinds plus antes and most peoples strategy changes pretty close to the same time using cookie cutter strategy's all written in 50+ different books telling you to do almost the exact same thing as the other guys you can spot the donkeys of course lol. So the majority of amateur and semi-pro poker players I think just get dealt cards and play the same game than whine about variance lol Yes I know variance is real its called odds in lamens terms lol! why did we make this term? to describe the odds of the odds NOT BEING ACTUAL ODDS COMPARED TO REAL WORLD or is it like My dog ate my homework excuse lol just sounds good. there is no correct answer to your question besides table composition.

I see. It makes sense what you say about everyone trying to steal the blind etc. My range get quite loose once I big stack. The mindset I have is to get more chips and bully people who have less stacks. The problem is end up doing at wrong times. Sometimes I go all in wit h my bluff against higher pockets. yeah i know very bad play. I get carried away when I am Big stack.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I just love it...they're all reading the same books lol lol lol etc. I like to kind of do the opposite to what the prevailing wisdom says I should do...sometimes it throws them off the scent...

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I also have that kind of problem, but I think one of the things that also happens to me is that I get blocked and sometimes I do not know if it's okay or not to bet with certain cards and when I try to risk they take my chips away, sometimes I take very bad decisions