Honestly..

mercyscercy

mercyscercy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you play the exact same weather it's a free tournament or a $200 buy in? Knowing your not losing anything don't you take a little more risk/chances in a free roll?

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the trick is trying to always play the same, I feel like the more the buy in the more I hold back and dont play as well as if it were free or low buy in. also low buy in allows you to play hands more often that you would normally not play or shouldn't play trying to get lucky.

florestaftw

florestaftw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in a paid tournament, I go tilt
in freerolls I play very offensive when I have projects.:wavey:

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play the same

In playing in a freeroll and knowing there are more "bingo Players" and nothing to lose I will play my usual game strategy but tend to play a bit more aggressive & call others I think are bluffing.
In a $200 buy in that eliminates most "bingo players" but at times see more aggressive bets as it cuts off others from Chasing .

GL ALL :D

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There

In freerolls you always play it more agressively than in a paid game
But there are fishes all over the ocean
Rgds

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I always play equally responsibly. I am a disciplined player and follow my strategy within my style of play. I do not care if it is a freeroll or a buy-in tournament, I always try to make the right decisions and adequately assess the risks.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi!! :ciao:
i believe is an expression that clarifies this question
"skin in the game"

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'm definitely more liable to punt in a freeroll than a $200 buy-in...

That's totally the wrong attitude though, generally I like to try and play every game as if it's the wsop ME... Although I sometimes get given grief for that from other players in live games, haha.. :laugh:

When I'm at my best I play freerolls like they're $200 BI's and $200 BI's like they're freerolls... :biggrin:

Not that I've had many chances to play $200 BI's, yet...! :wink:

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I try to play the same, but it is different knowing you didn't pay a dime to play in a freeroll.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
No I do not play the same.

I adjust for the skill level of opponents. Prize structure, field size and blind structure would also dictate my strategy.

This not just applicable to freerolls but to any mtt.

GODZZ

GODZZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try not to , but any game more than 20 - 30 bucks , i tighten up . And then i wonder why i FT 1 and 2 dollar games and have trouble cashing in the bigger games lol.

:D:D GLGL

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play the same anyway, maybe that's why I can't get over myself or I really have too much bad luck

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you play the exact same weather it's a free tournament or a $200 buy in? Knowing your not losing anything don't you take a little more risk/chances in a free roll?

to play a tournament ticket which costs 215 dollars I think it is impossible to play the way I play calmly in a freeroll. The prize money is not the same, even for the last places there will already be an amount of $ 400. But, those players who constantly play tournaments for $ 200, for whom the salary allows to constantly replenish the account, they can play this tournament as a freeroll

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It doesn't matter if I play the same way...

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Each has its own truth. I believe that it makes no difference where to win or lose. If you are not able to make profitable decisions, analyze your game, the game of opponents while working on yourself, then you obviously cannot cope with more professional players.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
honestly it depends on the state of my bankroll and my level of motivation to fight and go for the victory. when I'm dry. I'm going to play seriously whether it's a frerroll or a $ 200 buy-in game. but when I already have a good banckroll. I'm going to have a hard time staying focused and playing seriously on a frerroll that lasts several hours.

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every tournament you play should feel like a play chip tournament. If it doesn't, and if you feel anxiety or nervousness, then you're playing at too high of a level for your personality and your bankroll in my humble opinion. You cannot win at this difficult game if you are making decisions based upon money issuesrather than upon card strategy itself. Money can never enter the equation, and if it does, if you feel any sort of emotion over money, then you're only hurting your game and your potential success at it.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you have to understand when you pay a good buy-in that you have a chance to lose it. But I don't think it's right to separate your style of play from whether you pay or not. If you think too much about the possibility of losing the money you pay, it will definitely reflect badly on your game.

If you are well prepared for the game and don't make any serious mistakes, it doesn't matter whether you pay for the entrance fee or not.
In the long run, you will definitely be in the black.

I think the main thing is to have a sufficient bankroll to play for money, choose the range (limits) for the game very accurately and not make stupid mistakes that you pay for with money. Everyone has their own game strategy, but you should not change it for different buy-in.
I think is wrong...

AmidamaruRu

AmidamaruRu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I treat free tournaments as an additional training, you can work in the program, or you can also play freerolls. At micro-stakes players are the same as in freerolls most often

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
It all depends on the mood for the game. Usually in freerolls the game is more relaxed than in the game for money:):)

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you need to adapt to your opponents, and you will have vastly different villans in a typical freeroll vs a $200 buyin.

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing Freerolls

Playing freerolls I am loose but buy-ins I am careful. Freerolls are fun and there is no stress involved as with a buy-in I am pretty sure everyone is playing tight. Capo1014

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sometimes I do, sometimes do not. I would (or should) do the same game play. I get my mood, my bankroll, entries number, prize pool, bend them all together and set the my own strategy.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Totally different games..

Freeroll, since nothing risked, it's all upside. If it's a huge # of entries freebie you have to be super aggro and lucky. Playing against your "best game", taking huge chances is worth the huge reward.
If it's a pay to play, I stick with the best game, picking my spots. No dumb plays.