Hey new to the site

B

Brendaisnewtopoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys and gals I am new hear and new to online poker I have been playing lice for many years now and have been really successful for the recreational leagues I play in. However I am a loosing online player can anyone help me out with maybe why this would be! Obviously their is many variables but it seems even when I'm not tilting or playing tired I seem to get beat by runner runner or something along that line. Is their a certain way I should play online compared to live? Live I like to isolate players and play quite aggressive but I find the lower limits I'm still gonna get snapped off with ace rag? Any suggestions will be most Benifitial thanks : ) maybe someone can forward me to a thread here too!

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Live and micros online are about isolating weak players and cbetting a lot vs them.

But after flops playing extremely straightforward and very rarely running bluffs.

Weak players hate to fold!

B

Brendaisnewtopoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Live and micros online are about isolating weak players and cbetting a lot vs them.

But after flops playing extremely straightforward and very rarely running bluffs.

Weak players hate to fold!
Yes basic poker strategy .... my point was more I find even when I 3 bet or even 4 bet op op always seems to call with some bullshit like ace 6 and I'll have kq suited in position and board will come 3 4 q rainbow and op will check I'll raise turn comes 7 op will check I'll bet 70% pot sure enough they fish call me and we already know what the river brings 5 lol is it just variance because I'm new or is this normal online ?

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes basic poker strategy .... my point was more I find even when I 3 bet or even 4 bet op op always seems to call with some bullshit like ace 6 and I'll have kq suited in position and board will come 3 4 q rainbow and op will check I'll raise turn comes 7 op will check I'll bet 70% pot sure enough they fish call me and we already know what the river brings 8 or 2 lol is it just variance because I'm new or is this normal online ?
They hate to fold.

Gotta be willing to be less aggressive unless you have strong holdings yourself.

Also have to be ok with losing in weird ways.

B

Brendaisnewtopoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
They hate to fold.

Gotta be willing to be less aggressive unless you have strong holdings yourself.

Also have to be ok with losing in weird ways.
True I guess in live I find I can bully my way around with let's say even top pair... I'm goin to try to be a little less aggressive