Help There are no clear rules in Re-Entry and Rebuy Tournaments

ProfesorParata

ProfesorParata

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good afternoon, I have a big doubt regarding the Guaranteed Tournaments with Repurchases and the same for the Guaranteed Tournaments with Re-entries, as is well known there is a period to obtain the Re-entries or the Repurchases, that is very clear, now, what not I am clear about the distribution of the prizes, to clarify my doubt I will do it with a simple example of this type of tournaments to see if they can help me with the doubt. Let's suppose that there is a Tournament with Unlimited Repurchases up to Level 12, and in it, let's say 15 players participate and collect the first 4 places, the approach is as follows: What happens if there are only 4 players left at level 10; "A", "B", "C", "D", (the Reentry or Rebuy period is still open), and a player ("D") who decides not to Rebuy or Re-enter is eliminated, that is to say only There are 3 players left at the table, and they continue to play all level 10, the questions I would like to be answered will be the following: 1.- Does the player who was in Fourth position (“D”) at level 10 immediately receive the prize corresponding to Fourth Place? 2.- Are the entrances to that tournament closed? In other words, can another player ("E") no longer enter? Either you are going to enter for the first time, or that you sat down and lost your chips and decided to Buy Back or Re-enter at level 12? 3.- How would the distribution of prizes be if only 1 player (“A”) remains at level 10 and he waits alone at the table, and at level 12 another player (“E”) enters and in a single move there is eliminated and no one else enters, in that case, who receives a prize? 4.- Shouldn't the tournament end since only the winning places remain? In other words, another player should no longer be allowed to re-enter or enter for the first time because they are already in the winning places. Well, those are my doubts, I would like to please clarify those doubts, because it seems very unfair that a player who fought throughout the tournament and remains in fourth position does not receive any prize and a player who enters level 12 without Having participated during the first 2 hours of the tournament by just sitting down, you are already charging, that is why I ask you to clarify that doubt to determine then what is the best time to enter this type of tournament, because if in the example presented the player that remained from Fourth position does not charge, so it is preferable to enter in the last minute before the expiration of the Repurchase or Re-entry time. Thank you very much for your prompt response.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker sites always engineer the structure of their tournaments in a way, so that the bubble occur some time after, late registration and reentering / rebuying is closed. If it was possible to enter late and be directly in the money, that would clearly not be fair.

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I actually played a satty on intertops and only like 10 players entered. Top 2 got tickets into the buyin tourney and I busted the 3rd player about 2 levels before late reg closed. A pop up appeared saying I had won a ticket!!
I figured the two of us would have to have played out the last 2 levels, but that is not what happened. It was weird to say the least.
Never experienced that on other bigger sites though.

ProfesorParata

ProfesorParata

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Answer

I actually played a satty on Intertops and only like 10 players entered. Top 2 got tickets into the buyin tourney and I busted the 3rd player about 2 levels before late reg closed. A pop up appeared saying I had won a ticket!!
I figured the two of us would have to have played out the last 2 levels, but that is not what happened. It was weird to say the least.
Never experienced that on other bigger sites though.

Hi theANMATOR, if these strange things happen in these types of tournaments, apparently the rules are not very clear and it can be very confusing. Greetings from Venezuela

Poker Rules - Poker Games