ironduke11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys

so I've noticed that my tournament play falls into two basic patterns:

1) I start well and am in the top 20-30 and a synch for cashing then I run into someone playing a dumb hand and thye catch their 2% runner runner bs and I grind into a lower position barely cash or go out before the bubble

2) I start slow and grind my way up to a solid mid position cash but cant breakthrough to where the money is actually at on the final table

can you help me fix these patterns?

what can I do differently?

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a difference in playing to stay in the money and play to win the tournament when you play to stay in the money you do not raise chips in hands that could be risky for your stack when you play to win the tournament you risk because you know that if you win the hand you will be at least steps to win the simple tournament I hope that helps you luck:damnmate::aetsch:

dedok0525

dedok0525

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The purpose of participation in the tournament win. And to win you need that to your stack is constantly getting bigger.
You should start playing multi-table tournaments by playing 50% of the hands. It can be any pair, suited king, any card with A, connectors, and so on.
At the middle stage of the spectrum of the hands should be small, to bubble your backside to survive it. During the bubble try to steal chips. After the dough you need to play aggressively.

Galina

Galina

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
mtt strategy game

Hi guys

1) I start well and am in the top 20-30 and a synch for cashing then I run into someone playing a dumb hand and thye catch their 2% runner runner bs and I grind into a lower position barely cash or go out before the bubble

2) I start slow and grind my way up to a solid mid position cash but cant breakthrough to where the money is actually at on the final table

For this and requires lessons from coaches.
Prostmotra training videos (advice: you can watch the game of streamers for free and draw conclusions).
As well as literature and analysis of their distributions!

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Help...I hope for you

Man, I can not tell you how much research I have done to get out of and avoid unpleasant experiences and looking in many ways to avoid these type losses. I feel your pain. It's a good question. Many different answers to this. For me, my expertise is Excel. I have placed many lookup tables in Excel based on strategies. I have practically memorized the data. A lot of reading, practicing and studying more.

From the many books I have in my poker library, I have put together a fairly good guide to each hand and in what position. I do not know if you have ever read Gus Hansen's "Every Hand Revealed". I not only read, but broke it down as to how he pulled it off. Number one answer? POSITION. He played lousy hands in late position at specific times against weak, mouse type players and against players when he had extraordinary hands! He won most hands from button and cutoff.

As you play, early takes strongest, button takes weakest (I know you know that). The deal is that if you go against a jacal, watch out from mid and early seats if that person bets afterwards. The bad luck can prevail. Also watch out for low banks HAVING to make a shot. One or both those situations can and will eat your lunch.

The stats I keep and memorize are quite enormous, but I have that done for each set of hole cards and in what position. I developed a play range for Early, Middle, Late, Cutoff, Button, I learned EV, learned % personal wins in each position with each set of hole cards from intertops data. I also have read and collected strategy from books by Snyder, Harrington, Hellmuth, Mike Caro, and a guy named Edwin Silberstang, I have stats gathered from web sites like Pokerstrategy.Com, Wizard of odds, Pokerology.com.

For a good aggression book, Hellmuth (any), for a good logical thinking book, Mike Caro "Fundamental Secrets of Winning Poker", and for good strategy books; Edwin Silberstang "Winning Poker For the Serious Player".Sklansky "Hold'em Poker", and Harrington "Expert Strategy for No-Limit Tournaments, Volume II:The Endgame". For a good book with charts "The Full Tilt poker strategy, Tournament Edition".
:tee:

:banghead::pcguru::help::dontknow::icon_stud

:thrasher:
Rock On!

Hi guys

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The rankings don't mean much. As long as you are in the MTT with more than 25BB you are doing OK. Focus on playing a steady MTT with minimal volatility not who happens to be BS chip leader this second. Also average stack does not mean much because of anomalies calculated into it.

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After hitting big early, wait for an opportunity to use your stack, then take a chance and go big. This will move into position for the big blinds. If you wait to long your stack has less power and the move won`t work as well.