N

neverbluff0799

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
So theyre the thing .I recently started to play on the party poker league canada :

The partypoker League for Canadian players is back and has brought with it thousands of Party Dollars in value, in addition to priceless bragging rights among your peers. Each month, PartyPoker players hailing out of Canada (except Ontario) are invited to play in up to two PartyPoker League freerolls each week, and fight it out for a P$1,000 top prize. What’s more, the best performing players over a three-month period get to face off for a share of P$10,000 for free!

Basicly theyre tournament 2 time a week and if ur in the top 10 at the end of the month you qualify for a tourney with 30 players only with a last place of 100$ and thousands for the winners.

I was kind of doing pretty bad this month but wednesday i finish seconds and to my surprise with 2 tournament left im in 9h place when 10 place qualifiy for the league finals in november.

So now im thinking it tru and wondering what is the best strategic way to secure a place? Should i join at the begenning of the tourney and take the risk of a fast elimination or join at the end of late reg with 25 bb when half of the field is gone usually.

I was writing partypoker to know how points are given and that the answer i got :

Thanks for contacting us.

Please be informed that the formula is 10 * [√n/√rank] where ''n'' is the number of players in the tournament.

Hope this sheds more light on your query.

Your understanding is appreciate.d

If you need any further help, please contact us.

Best regards,

Milen

Customer Service

Thanks for contacting us.

Please be informed that you get 10 multiplied by the number of players in the tournament divided by your rank.

If you finish 140th from 140 players, you will get 10 points for example.

Your understanding is appreciated.

If you need any further help, please contact us.

Best regards,

Milen

Customer Service

the math does work when i do it for the 140 place as took for example in this case but when i do it for the first and second place it give 1400 and 700 points wich is not accurate.

So yeah what u guys think about the strategy to take? and what about the math involve for the ranking? thx for your help in advance i love this community :)

N

neverbluff0799

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
No one have any idea sadly?

E

Easylu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
I wouldn't know how to help you with that, but better luck next time.

N

neverbluff0799

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I wouldn't know how to help you with that, but better luck next time.
ty sadly no one seems interested to help me in that case wich is fair enough

M

mrfastflow

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your chance for top 10 still are much lower then fifty-fifty and you still can win leauge. Leauge tournament often win someone who can take risk, so your main oponents for top 10 are not only players who are close behaind you. You need be comfortable, so your chose when You want start You check how You feel when tournament begin and then decide.

In my opinion better start play to the beginning You still have last tournament

N

neverbluff0799

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Your chance for top 10 still are much lower then fifty-fifty and you still can win leauge. Leauge tournament often win someone who can take risk, so your main oponents for top 10 are not only players who are close behaind you. You need be comfortable, so your chose when You want start You check how You feel when tournament begin and then decide.

In my opinion better start play to the beginning You still have last tournament
I went with ur strategy and finish 9 .Theyre the ranking with one tourney left

N

neverbluff0799

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Today was the last tourney and theyre the finals ranking for this month :

Look like i will be playing the finals :) ty to cardchats to have help my games improve quickly since i was mostly a sit and go guy and started tourney recently :).

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Today was the last tourney and theyre the finals ranking for this month :

Will they be doing this again in October? I've never heard of this league before... & trust me, I typically HUNT for stuff like this :) Years ago I played in dozens of online Leagues

N

neverbluff0799

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Will they be doing this again in October? I've never heard of this league before... & trust me, I typically HUNT for stuff like this :) Years ago I played in dozens of online Leagues
Shouldnt be helping more competition :D But yes its 3 month august september and october and top 10 of each month qualify for the final in november with 10 k guarentee with 30 players.And each month top 150 players get also free tournament money at the end of the month from 2$ for 150 place to 1k for first.For my 6 place finish ill get 75$.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
When you play tournaments and play for ranking, you must play carefully and conservative at least at the beginning and then defend and protect your progress. You don't have time for too risky moves and decisions!

N

neverbluff0799

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
When you play tournaments and play for ranking, you must play carefully and conservative at least at the beginning and then defend and protect your progress. You don't have time for too risky moves and decisions!
i think i did fine at the end with a 6 place but kind of regret to not have go for it cause i coud have finish first if i was more agressive on the last tourney since all my close opponent got out early.