HELP ME!!!!!!

Socialpro29

Socialpro29

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The poker cliche "Study, review HH, Etc, and it will eventually show profit" I am trying to hold on to this belief but I am struggling with it even after taking time off. You always hear about the ones that have won a big tourney but there has to be alot of people like me also.

I am trying to hold on to the theory that poker is more skill then luck but here is my dilemma. I am not a terrible poker player by any means neither am I am master or even close at all but I have played an extremely large amount of tourneys over the last 2 years and I have yet to bink a big one for some real money. I have binked a few small ones but nothing to brag about. So you would think that even if I was the worst poker player in the world after so many tourneys I would have at least taken 1 big one down and this has not happen. I always seem to fall short. In my opinion luck plays a huge part in tournament poker and I just dont seem to have the good kind.

It is really wearing on me because I put alot of time into it and I am still waiting for the results to follow and trying not to be results oriented. I wish I could afford to have a coach that could go over my HH and see where my leaks are or if there are spots i am missing that i should be taking.

I also think that in the tourney world alot of the guys we see that are having success are part of a backing stable because there is no way that someone could financially make it always bank rolling themselves, pretty sure they would go broke. I dont think we actually see how many tourneys alot of these guys are actually playing in a day, week, month, or years time. Or they are just incredibily lucky.

I will continue to grind for now but I cant lie the frustration is building.

Good Luck all

steadman0

steadman0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It can be frustrating but stick at it!

Do you review your own hand history? Look at any mistakes that were made and find out what you could do to not let them happen next time. It does depend on some luck but there is a lot of skill also involved and it will be more skill than luck in the long run.

Also, do you use any type of HUD? If not, download one and give it a go, if used correctly it could improve your game a lot. Most of them have 30 day free trials if you wish to give them a go without committing any money.

steadman0

steadman0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also, any hands that you think you played wrong or aren't sure what the best way to play them or what to do in certain spots, post them here and there are a lot of people that will give you good advice.

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One approach would be to see what occurring problems you have and go from there. Like if you're min cashing alot but never make final tables, start opening it up more in the mid and bubble. Or if you can make final tables but are going out 9 or 8, tighten up. But im guessing you already know this. My point being if you cant afford a coach, be your own coach by figuring out what keeps happening over and over and over, and adjust from there.