Hello

izmoroc

izmoroc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Better start with freerolls and microlimits (0,02 - 0.6$). There are some MTT in Sit-and-go area.
But it depends on your bankroll.
Different people play different limits, it means people with 0.1$ play more... "carefree", cos some of them (about 60-80%) play just for playing but not to learning or something.

I thing in the beginning the new player should play MTT, cos here you have the possibility to see more players, to play on different tables.
1 table tournaments are more... "unchangeable". Cos after 10-15 hands everybody uses to the play of another players)

A

Arthur ZM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I completely agree with izmoroc, it is better to start with freerolls or play MTT at micro limits.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had the same question as the op. I don't have any accounts on any poker sites (cardschat is the only one) including pokerstars. I've also never played any poker online (only live poker so far for me and primarily small home games). Any generic advice starting out? Especially for the game/selection itself.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is the best turnament to play for new player at pokerstars?
180-seat Sit & Go tournaments at PokerStars The largest poker room has created an excellent training platform for all fans of tournament poker, all this takes place in the form of the extremely popular Sit-and-Go format for 180 people (20 tables). These tournaments start every few minutes (as 180 seats are filled) and last for 2-4 hours. You can start with micro limits and gradually rise in limits. If you are a beginner player who has no experience in poker, then I recommend you turbo tournaments from $ 2.5 to $ 8. The structure of the tournament - 27 people get prizes. In such tournaments, there are small fluctuations in the variance, so you will systematically grow in limits and increase bankroll.You will gain experience and skills in these games so quickly that you will soon decide to move on. You will go through all the tournament stages and easily begin to adapt to your opponents and the early, middle, bubble stages of the game. Moreover, these games are very profitable. As soon as you have basic poker knowledge, your bankroll will begin to grow rapidly.good luck

O

Oakleydc

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
@Tomacco, micro limits on pokerstars has mmt's micro limits sit & go and tournaments, but aways remembering adapt your bankroll

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always recommend, start playing sit a go. The best tournament without a doubt is the 180 turbo 2.5.