Heads Up Help

N

nameless1537

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This story might be a little old (as I’ve written this in multiple threads) but I recently came back to poker after a multi year absence. I’m still working out the rust in my play while adjusting to some of the changes in the game (including the blind structure). One area of particular concern is heads up play.

I started playing SNGs again (which used to be my bread and butter game) and I finally made it to heads up play with about 40% of the chips. I didn’t last long and ended up in 2nd place.

I was a heavy follower of Harrington and followed his strategy to moderate success in the past. Unfortunately, his books got packed up in a move and I won’t have access to them for months. I’m feeling a bit lost heads up.

What resources do you suggest I look at? I think I just need starting principles to get myself in the right mindset. I need to get my “feel” back. At this point, I feel like a deer caught in the headlights and like a noob all over again. So frustrating.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to pressure my opponent HU,,,, raise,raise,raise.Take control and dont let go,,,,Check-raise when you can.Don't let up until its over. :)