Did he know something? Where is the strategy here?

RutgersOneTime

RutgersOneTime

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its a freeroll...unfortunately there doesn't need to be a rhyme or reason. sorry better luck next time.

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think he thought he might steal the pot got caught then got rewarded for making a silly move,ain't that poker for ya,it can really kick you in the nuts sometimes :eek:

rayrc

rayrc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First of all we must not forget that shit happens ... In a freeroll there are many bad players (in any tournament really), I tell you because I am a bad player, you can call anything, sometimes you just want to see if your cards come out, sometimes out of boredom. Another thing to keep in mind is that not everyone knows or thinks just like you, he could have thought you had a low pair or connected cards and that he could beat you, he could think that you were bluffing, in short, in reality maybe not have explanation. Perhaps it is important for you to play any tournament well but believe me we have many players that we don't mind losing. I play a lot of freerolls every day and always end up losing out on nonsense like making bad calls, bluffing too much, etc. Another thing, someone already mentioned something about patterns, for example, if in the previous hand they left aces on the board for me it is unlikely that they will come out again, if they have passed several hands without leaving on the board K or Q I think that in the next hand they will come out, it sounds crazy I know, but I guess I'm not the only fish that believes it ... however it was an ugly badbeat, sometimes we believe that in CC freerolls there are only good players and I think it's not like that, I play them and I am a great donkey. May the variance be with you.

IcyPlayChips

IcyPlayChips

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All he knew was that pot was big and at early stages people might go all-in with low pairs or even with AK - he might not have put you on AA. That was probably attempt to steal the big pot and people might choose to gamble at this point, motivated by the "in case of victory", unfortunately for you he got it.

JoeKampman

JoeKampman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very few people in these low stakes/Freeroll tourneys even know what position is. They sure know what all in means though. Can’t let this type stuff discourage you. If you keep playing a strategically correct game it will happen for you.

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its pokerstars and they obviously love when someone chatches runner runner straight or flash. I once lost 10 flips in a row like that..... on 5.5 7.5 11$ buyins

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its pokerstars and they obviously love when someone chatches runner runner straight or flash. I once lost 10 flips in a row like that..... on 5.5 7.5 11$ buyins

Sadly! I also lose everything that I win in freerolls!

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very few people in these low stakes/Freeroll tourneys even know what position is. They sure know what all in means though. Can’t let this type stuff discourage you. If you keep playing a strategically correct game it will happen for you.

Thanks! Now it’s better:
https://www.boomplayer.com/ru/32019925_ED2435F0B5

PokerStars Tournament No. 2713327030, No Limit Hold'em
Freeroll
The tournament began on 12/06/2019 1:03:00 PLZV [12/05/2019 15:03:00 BB]

Here is the result::)
Dear EvaStar777,

You took the 4th place in the tournament. Congratulations! An amount of USD 8.50 is credited to your Stars account.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
its a freeroll...unfortunately there doesn't need to be a rhyme or reason. sorry better luck next time.[/QUOTE

Why do you think so? Are there a lot of random people in freerolls?
Freerolls are funny things. People tend to play differently to the way they would if they had money invested Especially in the beginning, it's just allin allin allin OMG just hoping to get lucky and have a nice stack to start with, and if they lose it doesn't matter, they just try the next freeroll

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are funny things. People tend to play differently to the way they would if they had money invested Especially in the beginning, it's just allin allin allin OMG just hoping to get lucky and have a nice stack to start with, and if they lose it doesn't matter, they just try the next freeroll

"Allin Allin" - the beginning of the freeroll!
Later, the game becomes more serious!

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope, didn't know anything, just a freeroll call. People play a lot different when they don't have to put up any real cash to play poker.

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope, didn't know anything, just a freeroll call. People play a lot different when they don't have to put up any real cash to play poker.

Yes! In freerolls, the game is more aggressive! There is nothing to lose!:D:D:D

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks! Now it’s better:
https://www.boomplayer.com/ru/32019925_ED2435F0B5

PokerStars Tournament No. 2713327030, No Limit Hold'em
Freeroll
The tournament began on 12/06/2019 1:03:00 PLZV [12/05/2019 15:03:00 BB]

Here is the result::)
Dear EvaStar777,

You took the 4th place in the tournament. Congratulations! An amount of USD 8.50 is credited to your Stars account.
Runner runner strikes again!

D

discintildeath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play the hand

I believe you over-raised to make sure it was 1 on 1. In any situation you need to think about what might get the people at the table to fold without getting all your chips in while only counting on odds to win for you. If you played this hand a little slower it may not have gotten to an all in situation.

However since it is a freeroll this person may just have been ready to leave. Did the villain stick around and play better poker or did this person keep going all in then leave. If you think about all the factors around what happened you can deduce a better way to go about playing this hand to profit you chips.

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe you over-raised to make sure it was 1 on 1. In any situation you need to think about what might get the people at the table to fold without getting all your chips in while only counting on odds to win for you. If you played this hand a little slower it may not have gotten to an all in situation.
However since it is a freeroll this person may just have been ready to leave. Did the villain stick around and play better poker or did this person keep going all in then leave. If you think about all the factors around what happened you can deduce a better way to go about playing this hand to profit you chips.

Looks like you're right! If I went all-in right away, he would fold!