Have you ever won a large poker tourney?

B

Blaze716

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What I mean by large is 5k or more...I myself have never won one. Closest I ever came was 8th. Was for around 200 bucks or so.
I remember I had to get very lucky many times to even get that far. I find these tourneys online to be very hard bc within minutes somebody already has triple stack and by the time I get going, leader has like quadruple more chips than me.. And in the beginning I'm a very tight player. I've sometimes switched it up and played aggressive but always get busted by someone with a better hand or they will donk me out.

VikyGia

VikyGia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Opinion

Friend to be in the prizes is already an achievement, it is sad when you are the last to be eliminated without receiving a prize.
However, if you win prizes on a regular basis it means that your game is quite good, however you must analyze why you do not make it to the final table.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not have a big prize so far, my game begins to improve and I begin to be constant in terms of results but I am still far away, I also play small buyins, small buyins also have good first place prizes but I still have not achieved it:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

P

plusssev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I won freerool on ps once for 10k players. got 5$

A

AllOut

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you say large you mean for big prize or field of players? I've never won anything quite big yet in terms of prize however I've been able to beat 2600+ players of Cardschat freerolls for once. Played around 6 hours, it was a lot of fun :)

Raphael Zabel

Raphael Zabel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Speaking of prizes in a tournament, the most I won was 1k but I fell before the final table, in a matter of field, I was 2nd in a tournament with 2.5k players.

P

ParadiseFisher_

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Just" second for 11k.
Other scores also like 3-5th but not for more than 1k

V

vladikov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

the biggest tournament I've won is $ 33 on demand for $ 1800

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, if I get the cards I can win it I have been in online tournaments up to more than 24k and in some I have entered the bubble or final table I would like to play one of the world series of poker it would be spectacular to have a bracelet:D

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.Unfortunately,I´ve never won any of them ,not even in freerolls ,but, at least, many times in the money ,specially in freerolls on 888.I remember 2 final tables at Level 5 and Level 10 ones.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I have won freerolls, but no buy-in tournaments, I have been quite close, but I still have not achieved that kind of feat

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I won a freeroll that gave me entry into to a tournament that gave 5 seats away to an APPT tourney in Sydney, Australia - and I won the seat - travel and entry paid, about $9,300.

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Winning any type of MTT tournament is very difficult, be it big or small prize, getting first place is not an easy task. Earning money, ITM, is already easier. I've never even made it to tournament final tables of the size you're referring to. In prizes over 5K I've already been in the top 50, I think it was the best I could.

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What I mean by large is 5k or more...I myself have never won one. Closest I ever came was 8th. Was for around 200 bucks or so.
I remember I had to get very lucky many times to even get that far. I find these tourneys online to be very hard bc within minutes somebody already has triple stack and by the time I get going, leader has like quadruple more chips than me.. And in the beginning I'm a very tight player. I've sometimes switched it up and played aggressive but always get busted by someone with a better hand or they will donk me out.

Yes, a few years ago about 7-8 000 usd. Back then online was very very easy compared to now. Nowadays it's hard to win a small satellite. Lol

M

Medina

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to start in such a big tournament yet. In fact, I’m unimaginably far from playing in a tournament like this. Maybe one day, in any case, we will need luck to be able to achieve good results at such a high level!:)

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i have just not in a couple of months very frusating but i stick at it

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've never won a big poker tournament, I don't think I have the ability or luck in big tournaments, sorry about that.,
:(:eek:

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Although I have been playing poker for over 11 years I have never won over $ 5,000 for a tournament ....... but I hope that someday it will happen. :)

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hope that happen but never.

Big tournaments require high buy-in fee or long late register, excess what i can burden.

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got first in WPT online freeroll with ~2000 players. I won $150 USD.