Have you ever disconnected ?

michalbb93

michalbb93

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hello everyone, have you ever disconnected from the internet during important games?

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Internet Outages

About 4 years ago, I was playing in the Sunday Storm, and after about 2-1/2 hours, I was sitting in 3rd place.

Bzzzz....brrrp....zap...zap....bad thunderstorm, and a strike of lightning blew out our city.

Didn't come back on until next morning.

I stopped crying the morning after that.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many times, unfortunately, but most of them were for not so long time. :D Last time was when in my first hand I had J7 suited in the main Micro event 11$ and flopped a flush and I disconnected right before making the raise and when I regained minutes later I saw that my hand would have won and there were a lot of raises during it. Also many times I had disconnected with AA or KK in very important parts of the crucial tournaments and were very upset for a lot of hours, but this is the nature, we can not do anything.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A few years back, I moved onto some farmland that my family owns. Being a very rural area, my internet is pretty slow, but it's usually very dependable. So it may take a while for a youtube video to load, but I usually don't have to worry about my connection dropping. There was a period of time, not long after I moved here, where my provider must have been doing upgrades to their network. For a while there my connection would go down in the wee small hours of the morning. Of course, that's when I'm usually playing. It happened to me couple times when I was playing tournaments. There were several times when I was doing so good that I still managed to cash even though I had missed the last three hours or so of the tournament.

One time in particular, I had been sitting at a $200NL table with more than $400 sitting in front of me. I had been getting into it with this super agro player. He was playing a lot of hands and was constantly going all-in. He was pretty much running the table over. I had actually folded to him several times myself, opting to wait for a good spot to set a trap for him. I had just found that spot. I had picked up aces and raised with them. To my delight he re-raised and I 4-bet. I made a set of aces on the flop. He checked it to me and I checked back. He checked to me again on the turn and then went all-in over the top of me when I bet into him. It was a very dry board, except for the ace showing. So I insta-called, but nothing happened. The action clock ran down, and my time bank started to tick off before I finally got a disconnection notice. I wasn't really sure whether the game had taken my call or not, or what the outcome of the hand would have been if it had taken my call before sitting me out.

I called my provider and bitched about it a little to customer service, of course understanding that it wasn't their fault, but needing to vent a little. They ran tests and couldn't find any problems with the line. There was no maintenance scheduled. So all I could do was wait and hope they solved whatever the problem was soon.

It took about twenty minutes for my connection to come back up. I started to do the math to try to figure if I had so much in my account before I sat. I bought in for $200 and was up to... Then I realized it had only been twenty minutes, so if I went back to the same table it should make me sit with whatever I had in front of me when I left the table. It turned out that the game hadn't taken my call, so I had only lost $50 or so, which was still enough to irk me. In fact I had felt like I had lost a lot more. In my mind I had lost all the money I would have won if my connection hadn't dropped and had been able to call his all-in.

Luckily he was still at the table. And in his mind, I'm sure he thought he had bluffed me off a big pot and scared me out of the game. So when I returned to the game he must of felt confident that he could do it again. It wasn't long before I found myself calling another one of his all-ins, which turned out to be a pure bluff and taking most of his chips. The next hand he jammed his stack in before the flop and I had cards decent enough to make the call with. So ended up with all of his chips anyway. I left the table the next time my BB came around and went to bed and slept like a happy baby.

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, many times, in my country, the energy goes out when one least thinks about it.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm doing the experience which is much same state very much, too.

Though I was in a good position by a tournament of $1000 scramble for about 5 hours, a connection has been cut and defeated just as it is.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh, Yes! :) it's a shame when you connect again, look at the history of hands, and see a top pair or a very strong hand, and a pot that you could easily win! :) This situation stays in your head for a long time for the tournament you are playing...: (very big disappointment... :(

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
In my country the internet is very bad, every day when I am playing it disconnects me and I have lost important hands.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably the worst thing that can happen.

All the more recently, I have become very fond of Spin & Go and there disconnection is likely to leave you out of the game.

Recently, I switch to the mobile Internet in case of a connection failure.:)

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes ... I was already disconnected on a Micromillions FT. I was very tense, because the second option was my smartphone, it was discharged. The only way was to go to my parents' house. This took almost an hour. Once there, everything was resolved.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

Are you kidding? Not only hve I been disconected during a tournament, it has happened to me when I was chip leader a couple of times. Once I got back on,but when I was the shortest stack. The other times I was simply blinded out, as I couldnt get back online.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yes many times , my internet connections is stable but we have black outs in my area not very often and lucky me they don't last long , 5-10 mins but they happen.
Since I am a laptop user I have a back up internet connection via data on my mobile phone. But If someone doesn't have this back up plan is super stressful.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
disconnected

Being disconnected from the internet I think is common place for us all at sometime or another. The one I recall the most was being in a $1000 tourney in 2nd place and only 10 -players left & poofffffffffff lost internet connection. Didn't come back on for hours and ended up in 7th place :((((((

GL ALL! :D

Dale Kirk

Dale Kirk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ignition is the WORST!! I have top of the line equipment and ignition has kicked me out of tourney after tourney. Lol I never play the sit n go jackpot games cause I'm just giving money away without even playing the first hand. Yep ignition is kind of a joke!!!

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Happens to me many times. There are instances where I see the hand history and missed an opportunity with Aces or Kings.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, each player had such cases. But this problem can be solved. I always have a smartphone with mobile internet nearby.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This often happened. As soon as I had to register in several spingo tournaments, my internet was disconnected. When I turned back on, of course my bankroll only got smaller.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes this happen quite frequently, but typically only for long enough to miss out on a few hands, which even in tournaments is typically not the end of the world. The main issue, I have, is that the poker client of 888 Poker tend to crash, whenever there is even a short disconnection. It then has to be shut down via task master and restarted, which require a new log-in.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes several times! Now I can do a hotspot on my phone so I have a back up.

W

wulfeman007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello everyone, have you ever disconnected from the internet during important games?
YES VERY OFTEN
acr is bad about that

Of course, each player had such cases. But this problem can be solved. I always have a smartphone with mobile internet nearby.
that depends on what site you play on ..
its not always UR internet

Last edited by a moderator:
manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I live in mexico and my area is still on the old lines, so yes yes yes. Happens all the time.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It always happens to me, this is because in my country the internet connection is the worst in the region and possibly the worst in the world

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Hi. if it happened to me and in long tournaments with a good stack of chips I could cope. because the cuts are generally of a few minutes. I had the problem with hyper tournaments and in some I have been left out by those cuts. I have a consolation that not only happens to me who am a recreational player. a few days ago I saw what happened to negeranu in a wsop tournament and disconnected I saw that he wanted to break his note haha