Which hands range you should not play?

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm curious to know from experienced player which is the hands range that i should not play during tournaments?

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
That's depends on your position, what action was before your turn, your stack size, effective stack size, stage of the tournament. Your range in one situation can look pretty different from your range in another situation.

I wonder whether you've checked out the free Cardschat course/book for beginning players. A lot of topics you might be interested in are covered there. Here's the link, you can download a PDF book or complete the course online, there will be videos and more detailed explanation. https://www.cardschat.com/become-a-winning-poker-player/

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's depends on your position, what action was before your turn, your stack size, effective stack size, stage of the tournament. Your range in one situation can look pretty different from your range in another situation.

I wonder whether you've checked out the free Cardschat course/book for beginning players. A lot of topics you might be interested in are covered there. Here's the link, you can download a PDF book or complete the course online, there will be videos and more detailed explanation. https://www.cardschat.com/become-a-winning-poker-player/
Thnx for the suggestion. 🙏🙏

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you ask such questions, you should start playing premium or hands close to them for now. Thus, you will less likely to find yourself in situations with difficult decisions, and therefore less to lose. The range of played hands depends both on the individual style of the player and on many other external factors that experienced masters study throughout their tournament life. There are times when you just have to raise without even looking at your cards and sometimes fold a couple of pocket aces. The smallest hand 72 can turn into a full house !!!

I

itsallgoodie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
LIke man above said premium hands only if you are beggining. Also there is an iOS App called online poker equity Scanner that can help you with hand ranges, equity, opponents hands and stuf.

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LIke man above said premium hands only if you are beggining. Also there is an iOS app called Online Poker Equity Scanner that can help you with hand ranges, equity, opponents hands and stuf.

Great, I will check, thnx 🙏🙏

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm curious to know from experienced player which is the hands range that i should not play during tournaments?

Its not that simple, theres a lot u have to consider before define your range, like:
position
stack size
who u r playing against
early, mid or late game

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is not possible to determine exactly which range to use for the game.. And wrong to say about this, because the final result is influenced by a lot of factors.. 80% depends on the players you are playing against. The format and stage of the tournament, your position at the table and in the tournament, and how comfortable the table is for the game. (about which players are nearby). It is necessary to carefully study the opponent and build tactics and strategy on the tournament.

There are a lot of factors and it is not right to talk only about possible bad and good hands.. Of course, there are hands that should not be actively played, 27, 38, 4T or 39 - 29, but these are only recommendations and you should not strictly follow them.. Sometimes it is useful to go into the distribution with 27 ))) Therefore, think more broadly and do not focus only on your hand :) The main it's is mistakes at the table on your part and luck in relation to you, if everything works out for you, the cards will not be the main factor ;) Good luck ))

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is not possible to determine exactly which range to use for the game.. And wrong to say about this, because the final result is influenced by a lot of factors.. 80% depends on the players you are playing against. The format and stage of the tournament, your position at the table and in the tournament, and how comfortable the table is for the game. (about which players are nearby). It is necessary to carefully study the opponent and build tactics and strategy on the tournament.

There are a lot of factors and it is not right to talk only about possible bad and good hands.. Of course, there are hands that should not be actively played, 27, 38, 4T or 39 - 29, but these are only recommendations and you should not strictly follow them.. Sometimes it is useful to go into the distribution with 27 ))) Therefore, think more broadly and do not focus only on your hand :) The main it's is mistakes at the table on your part and luck in relation to you, if everything works out for you, the cards will not be the main factor ;) Good luck ))

Very nice explanation, it’s all said in this text

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands