Hand-for-hand play, unfair?

D

donkey2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think that in a way hand for hand play is unfair.
because if you a short stacked and have like 1-2 BB left then the timer is still ticking and will be against you even more.

and id just like to know what others think of this if they have even thought about this?

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Sorry but it is not unfair , if you arrived at the bubble phase in a MTT (not satellite) with 1-2bbs then I think that you have done something wrong till then. The bubble phase has ICM considerations and good players are totally aware of that , so they apply pressure whenever they can.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's fair play, but I notice that it's the short stacks that are shooting themselves in their feet by delaying play as much as possible; all within the rules, no problems.

hachile1

hachile1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
because if you a short stacked and have like 1-2 BB left then the timer is still ticking and will be against you even more.

and id just like to know what others think of this if they have even thought about this?

when you reach hand for hand the game is not the same as the one during the tournaments, the players become practically all bluffers and so if you are not in good position in hand for hand you must risk having an A or K otherwise your opponent will defeat you with bluffing

zekubiki

zekubiki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
try to have a stack more than 1-2BB in hand for hand period and you don't have these problem and minds again ;)

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
I think alls fair
What applies to you applies to others.
Just hold on there and hope someone else knocks out before you
Thanks

M

mavradal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never happened to bust out during H4H phase, like everyone else said you should take better care of your stack.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this game there are no rules for justice. You have the right to play at the table as you please.

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that hand for hand play at the bubble is a good thing. it keeps the game moving faster, which if the blind structure is on a timer rather than counting hands played, then you are able to play more hands cheaper.

Without hand for hand, there will undoubtedly be "stallers" at one or more tables trying to wait out the bubble. This is unfair to the small stacks who may not be at such a table.

So I do think hand for hand play is the best solution.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I totally feel like this is the best way possible to make it fair for all participants.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's the same for everyone. I sometimes use the time bank even more so to put shortys under pressure when the blinds jump. Maybe not the best ettiqutte but I hold my hands up I've done it

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

You will get the same time as everyone else nothing will be working against you. Hand for hand is implemented to prevent stalling and to eliminate ties.

R

roman5551993

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People have the right to press the stack.

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea, it sucks when your short stacked at the bubble. But that's poker for you and sometimes you have to suck it up and play with what you have. however you got to that point being short-stacked, H4H is the same for everyone.

Good luck, and chin up!

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think it is fair. I think short stacks shouldn't stall the game to try and reach the money. They hurt themselves with the stalling as they don't see that many hands in case they could double up with a good hand. But if they want to waste time stalling so be it. Just don't complain about the blinds being to high when it reaches hand for hand play. It's their fault for stalling and raising the blinds without seeing that many quality hands.

D

donkey2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think alls fair
What applies to you applies to others.
Just hold on there and hope someone else knocks out before you
Thanks
Lol no it wasn't a position I was in well not recently
I was just asking the question :)

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never get to have one or two blinds to stay still, when we have less than 8 big blinds we open the range.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It is what it is, what is unfair about it? Same rules for everyone.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I totally feel like this is the best way possible to make it fair for all participants.
This ^^^^

Hand for hand play is what makes it fair for all on the bubble or pay grade jump.

Anyone stalling during H4H play is just showing everyone else that they have no clue, they are only making the blinds go up before they play their next hand, short stacks especially should not stall, whereas big stacks could stall to make the blinds bigger to get the small stacks all in sooner.

:motz:

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion its the only way to keep play around the bubble fair. Otherwise people can force DC or just tank for ages. This takes play away from the big stacks who want to be more aggressive.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You just hope your not in a situation that hand for hand play causes you to get knocked out.

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand for hand is totally fair.
Some tables and hands are faster than others.
You can't slowplay to itm.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi
i believe its ok and fair for all that way, if not what you suggest is better/more fair?

J

jadestem

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As others have said, without hand-for-hand the game will actually move much slower in most cases. Where I play each player has 30 seconds to act, without hand-for-hand almost every player will let that timer run down. A single hand can easily take 5 minutes or more when everyone is doing that.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands