The Grind

N

Nismo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all,

I've just started back on online poker for about a month grinding out freerolls and micro tournaments in the evenings. It's been pretty fun and I've managed to build a small bankroll.

Though the enjoyment is starting to drain a little and I'm finding that I'm losing patience and discipline a little bit.

I'm going to need to take a break or cut down the amount of games at least. Maybe replace it with some more studying.

How are you guys and girls managing the grind? I read posts where members play multiple tournaments at a time and I find that takes even more fun out of the game.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think is just a personal thing. I love this game and get a ton of enjoyment out of it. I enjoy playing, watching talking and reading about it. If it not for you that's OK. You should like you like the game and enjoy it but not into the grinding of it. What I would suggest is just playing when you feel like it. You may play 3 days in a row and then take 7 way before playing again and there is nothing wrong with it. When I get a bit tired of it that's what i do. Just take some time away. Watch a movie or just do something else. I have gone over a week like this and then just starting playing and enjoying the game again.

king11682

king11682

Kimba
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Welcome Nismo to cardschat the most famous website with the most registered members.
CardsChat freerolls and money-added games are some of the most sought after games in online poker!.
The more active you are on our forum, the more exclusive CardsChat freerolls and tournaments you can play!
When you join the CardsChat forum you are instantly eligible for the Bronze Level games

I leave these links for more details

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/card...light=password

Special Promotions and Events for All Members:

In addition to regularly scheduled games
These are open to All Members (Bronze, Silver, and Platinum) as well
Check the Special Events sticky threads for our monthly promotions that all CardsChat members can play, with no post restrictions!.

Note:
Do not share the passwords with anyone.
Anyone found to be in violation of this rule as of now will be permanently banned.

J

JJLakes

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am also not a multi table player, it is not for me.I like to concentrate on 1 tourney at a time.When I first started I would lose patience and concentration too at times.Taking a deep breath and remembering what I have learned here at cards chat has totally changed the way I play and I usual end in a much better position then before when I knew very little about online poker.P.S.The become a winning player in 30 days book and videos have already helped a ton and I'm only on day 5.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
If I lose patience, I stop the game and take a short break for a few days. After a break, I always play more focused, more patient, and therefore I always have better results.

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello my friend , so this question of playing more tables or you will not adapt . If you play only one , try adding one more , if you play 4 increase it to 5 or 6 and see your performance . Now if you notice that this increase in tables is taking your concentration or is leaving you distracted, the best thing to do is just play the amount you are used to playing and increase one by one over time...

N

Nismo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the responses so far. I definitely agree with taking a break for a few days to regain composure. I just can't imagine grinding these tournaments constantly.

Kudos to those who do this constantly. Maybe when I get to the mid stake tourneys it'll become less grindy.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you get used to it when you play several tournaments at the same time, it is always best to take a break when you lose your patience, maybe another day you can try music, with a snack, with something that helps you at that moment to stay focused, surely something You will find to not have to take breaks so often, always remembering the path you have traveled to achieve your bankroll is important to continue with all the energy:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In general, the higher our game volume, the lower the quality level of our decisions, and vice versa. Grinding is not about making the most profitable decisions every time, but making + EV decisions with the highest possible frequency with the minimum investment of time. I don't know how you play 1 or 2 tables I'm bored I usually play 5-6 tables.

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Especially since for a lot of people (especially newer players) online poker is a for-fun endeavor and not their day job, the grind is not for everyone. Especially if it's not your occupation, take a break if the grind isn't worth it to you.