Good sit and go win rate?

J

Jarud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've starting playing sit and go's,
I'm not sure how you calculate a decent win rate as its different from cash games.
Can anyone help?

I've played 385 sit and go's and my roll has increased 850%.
Obviously I'm winning, but have I played nearly enough sit and go's to account for variance?

How do I calculate my ROI?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ROI is your profit devided with the amount invested. So if for instance you have bought in for 1.000$ and cashed for 1.080$, then your ROI is (1.080-1.000)/1.000 = 8%.

gambit1983

gambit1983

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you can win 60% or better, you’re in gooooooood shape

David Coldman

David Coldman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is hard to calculate a decent win rate as it depends on many factors. The formula used to find ROI with the profit divided with the amount invested is the good one but the actual digits can vary depending on the cash game. I recommend to check the reviews of the game you play as it can help you to find more clear answers. Personally, I think that increasing roll 850% is a great result.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congratulations friend your percentage is very good in profit, keep it up.:)

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is considered a good ROI will be dependent on the type of SNG you play. The smaller the field the lower the ROI, same as the faster the blind speed the lower ROI you are going to have.

So far as determining what is a good win rate for the games you play I suggest you mark down the regs in the game for a while and then check their results on sharkscope by filtering by the type of game(s) you are looking to play.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've starting playing sit and go's,
I'm not sure how you calculate a decent win rate as its different from cash games.
Can anyone help?

I've played 385 sit and go's and my roll has increased 850%.
Obviously I'm winning, but have I played nearly enough sit and go's to account for variance?

How do I calculate my ROI?
Total profit is calculated by deducting tournament buy-ins from tournament winnings. In other words, to calculate your net profit, you need to subtract the buy-ins from your total winnings. Hint - The result will be a decimal number and multiply by 100 to get the ROI percentage. We play 1000 sit-n-go's with a buy-in of $ 5 and an ROI of 13%. What is the total profit? What is our gross winnings? Gross winnings are a pretty useless metric as players are only interested in net profit. But calculating the gross profit will help make sure we understand the ROI formula and know the difference between gross profit and total (net) profit. See if you can answer the question and then validate your answer by doing the calculations below. Answer - If the ROI is 13% in this example, it means that for every $ 5 invested, we get 13% over the $ 5 buy-in. So what does 13% of $ 5 mean? $ 5 * 0.13 = $ 0.65.

B

BodyCount

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
(Total Prize Money Won - Total Buy ins)/Total Buy In = X
X * 100% = ROI

For example:
Played: 100, Winnings: 150$, Buy-ins: 110$

(150-110)/110=0,36
0,36 *100% = ROI of 36%