Is Good Fortune count?

killing_random

killing_random

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I win a tourney, I can tell that I win because some happy accident push me forward. Like run over someone or because maniac shove into me when I have a decent hand.
Yes, I can play good enough to keep that advantage to a late state and win. But isn't true pros should make their wins even without such circumstances too?

Should I be the more consistant player or it's enough for being +$?

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I think the main thing is that your bankroll grows steadily. In this case, you will always be confident and you will have good prospects.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good fortune is always count. I won several tournaments and it always participate with luck of fortune, skill and something what let you play as a winner.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I win a tourney, I can tell that I win because some happy accident push me forward. Like run over someone or because maniac shove into me when I have a decent hand.
Yes, I can play good enough to keep that advantage to a late state and win. But isn't true pros should make their wins even without such circumstances too?

Should I be the more consistant player or it's enough for being +$?

If you are a winning player (making money from playing), you are in the top 20% of players.

Congrats! You are good!

Now get to work and improve your game. :)

L

Lucky River

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to win a tournament you need to do the right thing, and sometimes you can't win without it.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Winning poker tournaments depends on 80-90% of your luck! Of course, your skill level is just as important, but if you do everything right, but you constantly have nothing to play on the table, you will not win anything... I can add, which opponents are sitting next to you. This is very important because you can win a lot of chips no matter what card, but sometimes when the table is very bad for you, the top pairs or very strong cards can't help you in any way... Therefore, i can honestly speak, that the main success for poker - it's luck at the table and a comfortable table for your game.

The remaining small percentages are experience and knowledge.. Unfortunately, this is exactly the case.... :(

G

Gusborgs22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ofcourse, how can you run good without some luck?
If you are in a bad day you will lose with AA KK AK doesnt matter what you do.
In regular days sometime in the tournament you'll have to flip. And it's 50/50 chance for you to get out (winning flips = pure luck). I never saw a player win an MTT without a single flip

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think that the pros have also had that moment of good fortune in the game, but suddenly less than a player without much knowledge or experience, I am not a pro, but it has happened to me a lot that I have won tournaments that way, by plays that suddenly I should not win and I had good fortune, I think it would be difficult to win a tournament without a little fortune

E

eliasyarosh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that luck and learning is important for beginner players. And for professionals, skill plays a big role. Because even failure, they can compensate for their skill

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everybody.

I give you my humble opinion regarding luck in poker (please do not be angry).
My point is simple: if I play 1000 chess games against Carlsen, it is obvious that I will lose 1000, because in that game there is no influence of luck, neither in the short term nor in the long term.
On the other hand, if I play 1000 games of poker against Negreanu, I will probably win at least 10% (maybe more), because in this game there IS the influence of luck.
Of course, in poker luck influences in the short term and in the long term it tends to have less and less incidence.

Thank you for being there.

Kind regards from Buenos Aires.

ferocious

ferocious

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone who wins a tourney was lucky .You cant win a tour without luck even if you are the best poker player

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think no one, not even professional players, can be consistent.Luck decides a lot in poker.Aspiration and restraint lead to a positive result -and fortune favors the strongest!