Going to event out of my limits.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So yesterday i won a ticket to $25 000 gtd mtt.
Havent played in bigger then $2k gtd before, so this one is big enough for me.
What exactly is the skill jump from 2k to 25k mtt?
Appreciate any advices.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Please folks i need you support :)
Anyone played this event on ACR? They freeroll 5 tickets to it prety often.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just play your game and not worry too much about the stakes. If you start playing scared you won’t last long. What is the buy in? The guarantee is much higher but that could just mean they expect a large number on entries and not necessarily a much higher buy in- eg may only be a $10 buy in vs say a $2 buy in that you normally play. This would not be a huge jump in skill set. So best advice...just play the way you normally play and hope the cards fall well for you. Best of luck.

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Appreciate any advices.

How much higher is the buy in than usual?The guaranteed prize thus means nothing in itself beyond that many more will play in the tournament. But if the entry fee is similar to the usual, then the game too.

Leeyonah96

Leeyonah96

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry my friend I don't have any advice. Play what you enjoy the most. Good Luck!

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if you are obviously worried about playing in such a tournament, then it will not be easy for you.try not to think about the ticket amount.Play carefully everything is in your hands!Good luck!

Derifish17

Derifish17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
goodluck to you hope you get a big payday, my advice would be to just play tight at first and be aggro if it folds around to you on button

S

StreetPhd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Appreciate any advices.
No advice here from me but I hope you do well.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you people, yeah i didn't notice the buy in is really low for this on - $6.
I assume there would be like ten thousand players.
But with the prize pool this big i think a lot of players from higher limits would join the party too. Well gl to me :)

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't change a lot about the style of play. At the start of a tournament, the stacks are large in relation to the blinds. So you can play according to the big stack strategy. Wait for good hands and play aggressively. You should also pay attention to your position. In late position you can play a larger hand range than in early position. Do c-bets when it is appropriate. You shouldn't have more than two opponents and the flop shouldn't be too draw-heavy. Example of a bad flop for a c-bet: JT8s. Many players hit something in this flop. Your goal in a c-bet is for all of your opponents to fold. In addition, you can hardly represent a strong hand. Example of a good flop for a c-bet: A84r. You can represent a top pair aces. Do resteals and steal blinds in the middle stages of the tournament. Blind stealing means when you are in late position (CU, BU) and no one has raised or called in front of you, you attack the blinds with a raise. But you should at least have broadways, suited connectors or pocket pairs. There is always the risk that an opponent will call. You can do resteals with AJ +, KQ or 88+. That means if your opponent raises you go all in and steal the dead money. You should pay attention to the position in which your opponent raised. If he has raised in an early position, you need AQ + or JJ + to justify a resteal.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks man. Appreciate that. Well im prety familiar with those advices really. But i really think there would be plenty of strong players from higher limits too. Cause of big prize pool and overall lower skill range cause of small buy-in.
I wouldn't change a lot about the style of play. At the start of a tournament, the stacks are large in relation to the blinds. So you can play according to the big stack strategy. Wait for good hands and play aggressively. You should also pay attention to your position. In late position you can play a larger hand range than in early position. Do c-bets when it is appropriate. You shouldn't have more than two opponents and the flop shouldn't be too draw-heavy. Example of a bad flop for a c-bet: JT8s. Many players hit something in this flop. Your goal in a c-bet is for all of your opponents to fold. In addition, you can hardly represent a strong hand. Example of a good flop for a c-bet: A84r. You can represent a top pair aces. Do resteals and steal blinds in the middle stages of the tournament. Blind stealing means when you are in late position (CU, BU) and no one has raised or called in front of you, you attack the blinds with a raise. But you should at least have broadways, suited connectors or pocket pairs. There is always the risk that an opponent will call. You can do resteals with AJ +, KQ or 88+. That means if your opponent raises you go all in and steal the dead money. You should pay attention to the position in which your opponent raised. If he has raised in an early position, you need AQ + or JJ + to justify a resteal.

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
do not get attached to the prize, play well, as if you were not going to lose anything, the only thing you have to think about is winning.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why did you decide that playing with a 2K prize is so much different from a tournament with a 25K prize? I played in a 200K tournament and did not see a big difference in the progress of the game. The tactics are the same and you shouldn't be nervous. Otherwise it will interfere with you. Play your old tactics. In every tournament, regardless of the entry money, there are good and bad players. You won't find super players there.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Just play your best. Be careful in the beginning, there a lot of crazy maniacs in this kind of tournament shoving all the time, so you need to know exactly what you are doing before a big raise.
Good luck, hope you win. :)

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah did not very well this one :(
There was a guy that shoved few times al in overbet 5x. And then i get AA vs him.
Flop go Jh6h4c preflop he minraised (was so much of minraising there i thought i am playing freeroll for awhile) i 3bet him to 5x, he checked the flop on me i bet 2/3 and he jammed and i call. He had 66.
But yeah whatever. Was a weird mtt for sure.

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Appreciate any advices.

Good day!
Play on the map, play in peace!
And may good luck be with you!

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah did not very well this one :(
There was a guy that shoved few times al in overbet 5x. And then i get AA vs him.
Flop go Jh6h4c preflop he minraised (was so much of minraising there i thought i am playing freeroll for awhile) i 3bet him to 5x, he checked the flop on me i bet 2/3 and he jammed and i call. He had 66.
But yeah whatever. Was a weird mtt for sure.
With so little money input, this is to be expected. But you should not relax because of this.

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Appreciate any advices.
skill jump is by 1.4
what do you expect?

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
Appreciate any advices.

i wouldn't say its to big for you its just that you apply what you have learnt over the course of time you have been on card chat, poker is a combination of skills if you're missing one most likely you wont make it to the final table