Going deep in tourneys

LAGvTAG

LAGvTAG

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, poker community! I just finished 5th in an online tourney, largely due to a big mistake two hands prior to hitting the rail. I was wondering what everyone's strategies were approaching the bubble, towards the final table, and at the final table? I used a small pot strategy, since the chips keep increasing in value and start to actually represent real money. It worked out well until my huge mistake (had the most chips on the table at the time)

J

jadestem

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a general rule, when I am on the big stack at the bubble or the final table I try to put pressure on the small stacks where I can and try to avoid getting into pots with the other large stacks unless I have a premium holding. Especially if I am out of position to another large stack.

It is certainly situation dependent though. If my stack is considerably large relative to the others, and/or I can tell everyone is really nitting up trying to ladder, I will aggressively attempt to steal blinds and increase my advantage until people start pushing back.

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would love to know what this feels like as i'm usually the ss when approaching the bubble lol

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Being the chip leader and then knocked out is a harsh feeling.Your strategy seems to be working, no plan is perfect in poker.

Maikl113

Maikl113

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys, do not forget the game about lady luck)

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the day I get to be first.I would be happy to give you the answer.Unfortunately in the best case I still bust at the 4th place.

W33dzLov3r

W33dzLov3r

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
the day I get to be first.I would be happy to give you the answer.Unfortunately in the best case I still bust at the 4th place.
We all learn from something brothers. My advice so far, read as much as you can, control your emotions, or try to do that, be smart and fold more than what one`s playing, and things should be fine and better. On the same road with you brothers :)
Good luck to us all. May the God of Poker be by our sides :)

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to earn more chips at the beginning of the tournament, while sometimes even risking to cash to feel calm