Going all in pre-flop with 77, 88 and 99 as opposed to TT+

B

BrandonOKS

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey my name's Brandon. I am new to cardschat. I wanted to question the negative impact middle pair all-ins can expose in live push fold charts regardless of bankroll stemming from variance. It may sound stupid yet by the time comes with any other hand I usually more than normally make extraordinary unexpected comebacks leaving me dead center final in the middle place positive through the tournament. Any but too many informations on extra strategy is as of this day expected for the balance between each other during play. Yikes. Thank you

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
(moved this to Tournament Poker for better discussion)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not sure, I understand your question? Of course the lower the pair, the less equity it has on average when called. But part of the value in pushing comes from fold equity, so this does not mean, we never want to push with medium pairs like 77-99.

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
With half pairs you can go there with less than 12bb to look for a comeback or theft of the blinds, the rest does not seem like a good move.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've seen this many times. Taking notes while playing in the club. I know who can call with all pairs. It depends on the opponent.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Talking about good luck at a long distance with the active use of all-in preflop is not very clear. How important or possible is it to do this? I don't like preflop all in... I think players start thinking about this when the level of poker play is not high.. Going all in preflop is like playing roulette, whether you're lucky or not.

Of course, you can quickly increase your stack several times, BUT how often will you do this? Not often, I think.. Defeats, after all-in, will disappoint you... I would ask the question differently, whether to use this technique at all.. My opinion - no.

Learn to play a strong hand in a full-fledged hand and think less about roulette - preflop all in, this strategy does not bring anything but spoiled nerves...

Of course, in full-fledged hands you can also lose and lose very offensively, but you will have a chance to learn and make a good analysis for yourself. I prefer to think 100 times before putting all in, any cards, especially the lower and middle pairs..

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
There is a time and place to go all in with these smaller pairs but early on it is a waste of time. Yes a double up 1st level of a tournament is nice but what does it get you? nothing. It will not guarantee a cash or a win. We will still need to play smart poker. I see players all the time gamble to get a stack and what ends up happening, they are still gone before the tournament is 1/2 over.

ivanlt18

ivanlt18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You usually want to push with middle pairs like those to catch up on chips, but it really depend on which stage of the tournament you are. I woulnd't flip that coin on early stages since it is more valuable when you are far behind on chips and need to catch up. You will probably get the most value from fold equity.