A

Arnakk2424

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello
Lately I go deep in a tournament and I got lucky (yes you have to be lucky in tournament) but I started to make poor decision just because I was feeling I can't be beat (yes I was drunk and its was a tournament lower then my actual buy-in). But I took 1-2 really bad decision and I win with miracle cards on turn/river. Have you ever feel the same ?
I rewatched my hand history and I can't believe I go deep, but I was feeling I activated the god mode

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This situation is so rare for me that I can't even remember the last time..lol

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll take semi-god..

Occasionally, in a late-night free-roll MTT, I'll go pretty deep, 3 hours, catch two aces while playing A2O, turn into a full house. It's as if the game wants me to stay in the game, never letting me get to sleep.
Start playing super loose because the reward up the ladder isn't as appealing as sleep. Probabilities catch up, at the wrong time, always 11, 12, 13,14; not quite the final table, only close.
You always leave thinking, "why do I waste such good luck on a free-roll, can't I get the same luck in a cash game?"

gabpoker

gabpoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes amazing feeling when the variance swings in your favor. All your draws are hitting and people are betting into you and when you get it in behind you suck out.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
yes indeed...it's a really grand feeling. But for me, the next day reality sets in and the cards really kick me in the teeth.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
This happened only two or three times for me in the last 7 years.

'God mode' is a very fitting term for this strike of luck. It makes you feel as if you're in a dream, yet awake. Unreal and frightening, as you never know when it'll stop.

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Had it on a Freeroll.

I won the whole tourney with a field of more than 2000.

The price wasn't much and I've lost the whole thing the next day playing NL2 Haha.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think I had a similar situation once. I was in a small tournament and at first it didn't go so well and I was almost out but then when I bet my last 10 chips the tide turned for me and I won almost every hand no matter what the hand was and i made it to the ft and was out 4th. It was incredible and since then I've known that no matter how things are going in a tournament, the tide can always turn, whether against you or for you. I always find that kind of thing a bit dangerous because then you might start playing for luck and although it's also an important part you shouldn't just rely on it because it doesn't really get you very far. Luck is something that comes and goes just as suddenly as it came. The same goes for bad luck. But if you are so lucky then you should enjoy it and stay cautious because you never know when it will be gone again

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Not exactly, I wouldn ' say it God mode! There are situations where nothing significant is happening so I invest to my remaining hands, which might be some weak hands that I play them a few times only!

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I happens to me rarely because I fold my god-mode hands before the turn and river, but I have them in almost every session I play, I just need to start recognizing them and trust my gut feeling more often

C

CryptoBlood

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was playing on natural8 all in or fold and I have turned 21$ to 105$ now I need to come to at least 301$ because minimum withdrawal for cryptocurrency is at least 300$ and fee is 1$ so I reallly hope that I will have a lot of luck.