Go deep and then die by AA AK AJ all-in, play safer or keep all-in with beauty hand

F

Fair

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes i go deep in tour, get prize position then some perfect card comes, all-in twices and
Ending with nothing.
Question is when you get good position, should you play with uncertainty of all-in, you can get top prize but oppostie side, you even can not get $1!!!!
What you always do in this situation?

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you are in position from the prizes, it is correct to go for all the chips with aa. This is very difficult to do.

Jwl8092

Jwl8092

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just Played in a tourny where a guy is super wild, im just waiting to double through him.. I get QQ on the btn, everyone folds, i limp( cuz he has raised every hand ) and he raises to 10bb, i have like 50bb , i re raised to 35bb, he jams... i call... turns over 32o... Flop is 979 .. turn 2, river 2... that was my end of the tourny

JW

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes i go deep in tour, get prize position then some perfect card comes, all-in twices and
Ending with nothing.
Question is when you get good position, should you play with uncertainty of all-in, you can get top prize but oppostie side, you even can not get $1!!!!
What you always do in this situation?

I won a seat to a $109 game last week, struggled to stay afloat for hours, finally get a few places from the bubble ($300 min payout) and look at KK, I shoved,
AA took me out,
I may have been able to fold to the money, but making the right calls are supposed to pay off in the long run. I'd do the same thing all day everyday

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you're questioning your all-in close to the bubble, it means you're not comfortable with your bankroll. If the bare minimum prizes are significant for you, just fold into the money like with a satellite tournament. Nothing to feel bad about either way.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Just Played in a tourny where a guy is super wild, im just waiting to double through him.. I get QQ on the btn, everyone folds, i limp( cuz he has raised every hand ) and he raises to 10bb, i have like 50bb , i re raised to 35bb, he jams... i call... turns over 32o... Flop is 979 .. turn 2, river 2... that was my end of the tourny

JW
This is the kind of story that I keep seeing over and over again. These wild players. Sometimes they are at cash tables. Sometimes they are in MTTs.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're questioning your all-in close to the bubble, it means you're not comfortable with your bankroll. If the bare minimum prizes are significant for you, just fold into the money like with a satellite tournament. Nothing to feel bad about either way.

Yea, good comment. I used to struggle to make decisions around the bubble and could never work out why I was playing scared poker, I was always quite happy to add the minium prize to my bankroll and seen it as a win.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its called pot control, its your friend. If you're in a situation like they're going all in then there's nothing to do but sit and complain at a bad player but they usually get knocked out usually within 5-10mins or when another big stack comes to the table. Hopefully they're not giving away a lot of your chips to folks.

Raphael Zabel

Raphael Zabel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Se você está questionando seu all-in perto da bolha, significa que você não está confortável com seu bankroll. Se os prêmios mínimos forem significativos para você, basta dobrar no dinheiro como em um torneio satélite. Nada para se sentir mal de qualquer maneira.

Fight and risk your way to the top or die trying. Whenever you lose, you will have a new tournament to try again. Sooner or later the right choice that went wrong will pay off.

J

jumboscampi

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know one thing i've noticed..

pairs run hot at the same time for several players at the table during a hand, frequently. I've had pocket whatevers and lost to trips during this type of set up more than once.

I say, air on the side of caution by meeting the bet to stay in the hand, but reserve a bit for as long as you can to stay in the game.

It's not the size of your pot that matters in the end, it's that you got in the money!

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It really depends of what your looking to do. If your just looking for a cash playing is small and making sure you get in. If your looking to win the tournament you need to play big hand strongly. Personally, if depends on the situation and how close to the money we are but for the most part i would rather play to win and will be willing to risk going broke if need be.

F

FlushKings311

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The Cards

I can't tell you how many times I have seen AA, AK just get butchered by deuces, straights, flushes just anything you can think of I actually feel bad when I have to shoot em down it nuts.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
stack size ladder prizes..

Getting monster pockets, or high suited connectors, deep it's risk/reward. For example, if you are less than ten big blinds, and the prizes are a long way away, you shove every time.
If your stack size is decent, and the prizes are close, it is not an automatic shove.
There is something to be said about the time you laid down a monster and got some luck later, when the blinds are up and you can make more money off one good hand.

Safe Poker Sites Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands