Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$5 buy-in MTT 180 entries starting stacks 15k
150/300

Villan: 20k, TAG
Hero: 13k,

Hero raises in MP to 700 with AcAh, V calls in SB, BB calls.

Flop(pot 2100)
Qc Qs 4s

SB bets 500, BB calls, Hero raise to 2000. (Should I have made it more? Just called?)
SB raise all in (10,300 effective), BB folds.
Hero?

Thanks

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would of just called the flop, yea we have 2 pair and we could improve to a FH. I just don't see the point in raising here, SB could easily have a Q in his hand like QT, QJ, QK kind of hand, yes he could have a worse 2P. With raising and now SB shoving, you just put yourself into a difficult situation.

It does depend on the player, does he do this with a flush draw, if he normally plays flush draws this way then I would be calling his shove, but if I don't know enough then I would just fold, but I really don't like the raise fold, that's why I would only call.

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with EvertonGirl. Its not like, its unlikely, that either opponent can have a Q in their hand. So AA is not exactly the nuts any more, and therefore I prefer to keep the pot small and protect my stack. As played I fold. You have a Q in your hand a lot of the time here as well, so no need to make a huge hero call with AA and typically end up getting it in with 2 outs.