Getting Counterfeited

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You made all the rules, just the enemy was lucky.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad calloff - never calling off with 33s in this situation. I know we are all relatively short but the issue is we have one villan significantly shorter than us - if we lose a big flip and we go from 1st to 3rd and we happen to never recover and we bust - losing that pay jump is a tragedy. If this was one of those 3 player winner take all spots - this is totally fine to take the spot and go for it - but if this was a tournament FT or a SNG final 3 - we can't make this call here.

This is a mistake tons of players are making every single day and are doing nothing to correct it because they think they're doing nothing wrong. Icm implications are tricky, especially if you aren't broadly familiar with them, but plug this hand in, and you will see this to be a clear fold.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello
I lost a similar hand in the CardsChat freeroll on pokerstars and came in second. One excuse for that is the game

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bad calloff - never calling off with 33s in this situation. I know we are all relatively short but the issue is we have one villan significantly shorter than us - if we lose a big flip and we go from 1st to 3rd and we happen to never recover and we bust - losing that pay jump is a tragedy. If this was one of those 3 player winner take all spots - this is totally fine to take the spot and go for it - but if this was a tournament FT or a SNG final 3 - we can't make this call here.

This is a mistake tons of players are making every single day and are doing nothing to correct it because they think they're doing nothing wrong. Icm implications are tricky, especially if you aren't broadly familiar with them, but plug this hand in, and you will see this to be a clear fold.

Seems like this was the first blind level in a Spin n Go, and these are winner take all. Even so I still cant imagine, that this is a good call. There is no ante, and we are calling off 25 bigs after limping. Our pot odds are terrible, and we are always either flipping or a 4:1 dog. I might also raise rather than limp in this situation. With no ante and winner takes all, this should be played like a cash game, and in cash games its usually fine to either fold or raise from SB.