Getting beat on the bubble

T

TagHeuerF116

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,

I am new to posting on these sites, but i have been getting rather frustrated lately with Bubble play at small stakes SNG and multi table turbo tournaments.

Of course once you're on the bubble in these tournaments, its often a push or fold decision as most players don't have a large amount of Big Blinds in their Stack.

I'm getting frustrated as it seems I always get beat despite waiting for Premium hands (Ax mostly) and try not to go up against bigger stacks unless AK+.

I seem to always get out drawn, and wondered if this is normal, or just bad luck and memory bias. Lost multiple hands against the same player (with him being all in each time) had A7 vs K4, AJ vs K7, A3 vs A3, A10 vs Q8. Each time i had him covered and dominated, but each time he hit one of his cards to win (except one chopped pot).

This is a small sample of a larger problem which seems to happen regularly to the point where i am nervous to enter coin flips even when price is right and have opponent covered. :mad:

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's poker.

Hello,

I am new to posting on these sites, but i have been getting rather frustrated lately with Bubble play at small stakes SNG and multi table turbo tournaments.

Of course once you're on the bubble in these tournaments, its often a push or fold decision as most players don't have a large amount of Big Blinds in their Stack.

I'm getting frustrated as it seems I always get beat despite waiting for Premium hands (Ax mostly) and try not to go up against bigger stacks unless AK+.

I seem to always get out drawn, and wondered if this is normal, or just bad luck and memory bias. Lost multiple hands against the same player (with him being all in each time) had A7 vs K4, AJ vs K7, A3 vs A3, A10 vs Q8. Each time i had him covered and dominated, but each time he hit one of his cards to win (except one chopped pot).

This is a small sample of a larger problem which seems to happen regularly to the point where i am nervous to enter coin flips even when price is right and have opponent covered. :mad:

Thanks for posting.

It is estimated that variance disappears around 1 million hands. 1 million.

You shared 4 hands. :(

We have to be aware of the truth of poker. We apply our skill to thousands of hands and get a positive return from that.

My point is, learning to not let short term fluctuations effect you making the correct decisions is the key. If you allow run bad to become play bad, you have no hope to win.

Yes it hurts to get sucked out on but the moment you avoid the pain by folding you have lost.

Hope this helps

:):)

K

Kaban

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This happens often in my situation I was the chip leader by winning the hand of the next hand, he moves all in I made the call AKs my hand open 78s card as a result it will bring together a straight flush, the next hand I have QQ the same openent makes ALL Institute I made the call open arms and waist 57 he collects a straight flush, I lost most of his stack and looking at the whole situation, I was shocked that a person comes 2 times will give a straight flush. After those hands I seldom interfere in an all in. :(

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Loss in poker - this is normal. Become a bubble boy - this is normal. When AA lose to KK, that's okay too. This is poker. This often happens with everyone. The main thing, do not worry because of the loss. Negative emotions will not help you in any way.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the traditional 6 or 9 man single table SnGs it can often make sense to nit up a bit on the bubble and avoid being all in. This is because of the payout structure, which is typically 50/30/20 for the 9-man and 65/35 for the 6-man meaning, that cashing is more important than leveling up one extra place. Of course there is a limit to, how far you can take this, and sometimes its just your time to die in tournaments.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
One thing that stands out is the comment of waiting for premium hands. If you are just waiting for a big hand and you stack gets to short you are inviting people to call you with just getting the correct odds. If I am in the BB and there are ante's in play and your all in is for 2.25BB I will almost call your all in every time. Possible issue?

D

darpblog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Managing these feelings it's part of our growth as poker players.It's human nature to feel wary if we are getting bad results. Your brain remembers the pain and tries to prevent you from feeling it again. Managing these anxiety is hard, but you learn to do it eventually. Whenever I feel nervous I remember myself that I'm not trying to win the hand, I'm trying to make the best possible play I don't care about the result, If I win i win, If I lose I lose, that's not part of my successs.