Gathering info/stats old school

MrMeeseeks86

MrMeeseeks86

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, so my poker room has hand history and that's about it. Can't export it, can't use any software with it. So I guess it's down to the old pen and paper. Now I've had one of my worst weeks ever and I need to go through it. What is the most important info I need to get down would you guys say for every hand?

Do I even need to write down hands I didn't play? How in detail should I go? Just looking for some help in figuring it out. Thank you.

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok, so my poker room has hand history and that's about it. Can't export it, can't use any software with it. So I guess it's down to the old pen and paper. Now I've had one of my worst weeks ever and I need to go through it. What is the most important info I need to get down would you guys say for every hand?

Do I even need to write down hands I didn't play? How in detail should I go? Just looking for some help in figuring it out. Thank you.

If you can't use any software or export your hand history the most valuable thing you can do while playing is write down the hand number of any hands you want to review to make them easy to find. Go for hands you won that you think you could of won more, hands you won but feel you were lucky to win, hands you lost where you feel you should of got away from and hands you lost but feel you were unlucky.

Unfortunately to review properly you'll need all the details from the hand. I'd then review the hands using flopzilla and a hand review template.

As you go ask yourself why your making each move you are and why you believe your opponent is doing what they are doing.

Obviously a bit more work if you can't use tracking software but well worth the time.

MrMeeseeks86

MrMeeseeks86

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for the great reply! That makes a lot of sense given my limited options. Downloaded Flopzilla and will be going through a lot of hands. Just to clarify, what do you mean by a 'hand review template'?