'gamifying' my poker

L

LetterRip

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm thinking of gamifying my poker. So each time I do a 'correct play' (based on my current understanding) - i get 1 point. Each time I do a small error -1, each blunder -5 (or -10) but a correct action where it is extremely tempting +10.

So 'winning points' by correct folds when I don't have odds to call; not jamming too loose by ICM in EP and not calling jams too light for ICM - and other areas where there are temptations that I'm having difficulties breaking myself of.

This might make it easier to help change my brain to make good decisions rather than trying to win pots.

JordanH

JordanH

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That sounds like a good idea, especially if you're able to see a positive effect on your win rate as a result!

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
That seems like a good idea, that can help you a lot when you have to analyze your plays and when you have to make corrections in your game, good luck with this idea, I hope it helps you improve

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It will help you play 'correctly', but you may want to audit your definition of correct plays once a week. This could reinforce a leak if you aren't careful.

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sounds like a fun way to learn.
Knowing how many times you’re making calls when you know you shouldn’t
It’s easy making plays you know you should;)

S

SvetRusLove

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds very interesting and I think I'll keep doin the same for a while notice if it helps me.