The FUNNEST System Ever

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I've actually developed a system based on weak hands. Occasionally you can make it to the money in a freeroll, but this system is not for making the money, it's for having fun.

Because folding is never fun.

Starting Hands
Feel free to play any two cards that either connect or are suited. 5c8h sure. 2dTd why not.
The key is not what you play, but how you play it.

1. Never raise preflop.
  2. Never call more than 2 BBs preflop (even if you are in the blind).
  3. Call 1 BB with these hands no matter what position you are in.
  4. Always be willing to throw away 1 BB every hand. Call 1BB and if someone raises to 3BB just fold without a care in the world.
Premium Hands
Anything like AK, AA, KK, QQ, bet 10BB.
Anything like KQ, JJ, TT bet 5BB.

Post Flop
Play like you would play any normal hand. If you have nothing, fold. If you have 2 pair, play it like 2 pair.

The Controlled Chaos
This playing style violates everything you've been told. But you can survive for an hour or so in a tourney playing this way. Here's why. Because you are splashing in just about every pot, people think you're just some wild LAGer who has no idea what they're doing. Really, you're just throwing away 1BB per hand. But when you suddenly throw out an "overbet" of 10BB you'll actually catch several callers who just want to steal your chips. Winning one hand like this more than makes up for all the 1BB hands you threw away.

Conclusion
Like I said, this system isn't about winning tournaments, though I have won a couple freerolls by playing this way till near the end and then getting serious. This system is just about having a good time. And in case you're wondering, yes, I designed this system for when I was drunk, while I was drunk.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very good sistem for freerols, actually I think you could go in top 20 in almost every tournament if you play first 2/3 time like this and get serious in last 1/3. I’m going to try this, and hopefully have fun

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll try this (or something similar).
I guess it works, basically preFlop: see many flops cheap and raise steep with very good cards.

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it looks like gus hansen style of play, but as it happened in his case, it doesn't work against good opponents. it works on freerolls because there are many weak players in the beginning and middle stage.one question remains: what do you do in early stage of a freeroll when they go all in preflop with any two cards every hand? this way you just waste 1bb cause you have to fold afterwards

Acesinthebig

Acesinthebig

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I generally agree but have to draw the line at T2 LOL

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For the most part I agree and try to utilize the strategies you mentioned. Obviously I think there are some situations where I would not follow this, but overall generally useful.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Reporting back on a few tries:
this works! need to skip the all-in fase, then chips go up fast
however, as time progresses, you need to gradually go back to 'normal poker'

Although the method is typically described as 'bad', early in freeroll/micro MTTs it is almost required.

F

fernandoprrt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it works a lot, yesterday I played a freeroll zoom like this, and I acumulated a very good amount of chips to my stack. After the first hour, I played paying more attention.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Their are variations to this strategy,,,if you notice,the top Bounty players incorporate this style of play.Well done.:top: (if you aint stickin your neck out,you aint tryin)

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This does sound like a fun way to play when drunk, but still seems like too much folding for me - why fold to a 3BB raise when you can make it 5BB back at them? ;)

Played against many 'live' players who play exactly as you described while completely sober. What an existence!

Good luck to you!

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
I kind of use close to that system in early stages, when blinds are Low. After the Tournament gets more serious, then i go to basic hand anal. :)

GeoStampede

GeoStampede

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it can actually be useful during the first stages of an MTT... If you manage to avoid the All-in Apes, seeing many flops for a few chips can actually work.

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I'm tempted to try this system in February's Master League, on pokerstars.

I've played in the masters for four of the last fives months and not been able to make the monthly payouts. So the end result, would not be any worse. Half a dozen cans of Guinness should just about be enough to put me in a relaxed mood, ready for action.

PS. I hate Guinness. I'll be happy when I've had enough.

B

blueleaf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The system is a joke.

P

PokerTraveler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very like win hands like AA or AK with 67 54 sameguys thunk that have better pair with kicker
when this have hand street, flash or 2 pairs

Sometimes play this hands when 3+ nits in game
when they block their aces/kings with low suited hand you can win too much

Rvstam

Rvstam

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I doubt that this strategy than the help in the game. It is in my looks very naive. it is my opinion the author did not take offense. The main thing that it helps you. Don't worry be happy

Shalarin

Shalarin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:-D :-D I'm gonna try that in the next freeroll ! Do I have to be drunk before ? :-D

G

GoroAdachi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a cute system, I will try it on next free roll I enter just to try it :)

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL I'm having a few beers right now I can't wait to try your system . I'll let you know how it works out . After all it's all about having a good time .

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While the system is trash, you can learn a lot from playing it like: All hands are pretty close, most people play too tight. Winning poker is seeing flops, not blinding out. The problem is people will learn bad habits and think this always works, then go on to get crushed by better players.

Your system shows why LAG works. If you tighten up the range a bit and became more aggressive it is the way many players play. The problem is that if you are going to play that loose you almost have to call the 3x raises. You WANT 35 against hands like AA and AK. If you hit you are going to win a big pot. If you miss it is easy to throw away.

P

Peter Jankowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It does sound like a fun system for bounty Tournaments