Freerolls will help you to stop overplaying hands

S

Sublimenal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of players overplay pockets and paint, especially AK. Learning to play hands after the flop will make you very profitable. Anyone agree?

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK - these are just two overcards, which do not always provide the benefit of a particular hand. Often a pair of twos at the showdown will be much more useful and will bring a huge bank. The difficulty lies in the fact that with a pair of 22 it is hard to live up to this very open without the risk of losing your entire stack. I think in poker there are no universal recipes. The same player can play the same hand differently depending on the situation at the table. Good luck.

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree. freerolls are good practice to get a feel for the game if you're new or just trying to improve without a bankroll and maybe win one.

I have definitely been playing every freeroll I can since getting back into poker (took a few years off) a few months ago after months of research and studying.

A

akjordan16

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
agree

Yeah I do it too, and sometimes it works out playing for the top spot but turning it off is what some people don't do a lot in freerolls.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Freeroll Passwords