Freeroll Wars: Patience

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We often lose our patience in free rolls because of all the crazy bingo plays. We start to think that we are not getting in there often enough.

This leads to us not using our skill edge and becoming equal to those we are battling.

My goal in poker is to play well and keep my skill edge even in the face of two or three hundred suckouts.

I cannot do it! :icon_joke

It does knock me off my game. I do however stop, relax, reflect and get outside input and then try again.

This video may help all of you who are like me.:D

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me freeroll is a tournament with a tournament paid the difference is that you will face villains who played anyway because they had not lost anything, and you will have to rely more on luck

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to play with patience, I agree. Good cards will fall to you in time.

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree... i just cry when you wait a AA hand and loose for a 2 4 hand!!! but... this is poker

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
patient

You have to be patient but do not confuse with passivity, always move at the right moments so that the blinds do not take away the fold equity.:D

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hey
Its always best to start a free roll after a few hands are dealt.
If you catch AA in the first 1-2 hands and go all in, 99% you will be called with crap and lose.
So yes patience along with right plays can make you move ahead.
And if it is pokerstars than its your luck against pokerstars gods not players:):):)

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freeroll is a test where you need to go through all the circles of hell)), well now fasten)!The harder it is on the way - the sweeter the victory!

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that most of the players play more freely in freerolls, but retain the main key points of the game on a subconscious level. Therefore, I advise in freerolls make notes on villains that can help when you play with them in a buy-in game.

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try playing a fold simulator session and see how it goes. If you have the patience to wait for good hands and keep bluffs to a minimum you should keep an edge over the rambo gunners. Sometimes i play like them, sometimes i play my game. Depends on how i feel at the time i suppose.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA odds

Hey
Its always best to start a free roll after a few hands are dealt.
If you catch AA in the first 1-2 hands and go all in, 99% you will be called with crap and lose.
So yes patience along with right plays can make you move ahead.
And if it is pokerstars than its your luck against pokerstars gods not players:):):)

Thank you for sharing and I agree busting out of a free roll in the first few hands is frustrating.

I have another post: Freeroll Wars: AA odds -if you have not seen it, it would be great if you could check it out and give me some feedback on the out of the box thinking I am speculating about.

Thanks again.
:)