Freeroll Success

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play in a lot of freerolls (as I'm sure a lot of you do) and was wondering how you gauge success. Since they are usually so large and filled with any two shovers (at least until the later rounds), I feel that making the correct decisions and evaluating your opponents correctly is more important than how long you last but people brag a lot about final tables and such. So, how you judge your own success in the beast we call freerolls.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Often, correct evaluation of opponents and making the right decisions lead to the final tables.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The main thing here is to survive after the rabid players and try to collect the stack, but using strong hands at the initial stage.
I’m not afraid of the already big fields, there the players leave quickly, and the best stay closer to the late stage, and it’s pleasant, but difficult to play with them. This is an adequate game

WiredKs

WiredKs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call making the money 1 in 10 times to be a success. Depending on the structure and the number of places paid, I could make a case that 1 in 25 is a successful player.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I also, basically, play only in freerolls. This is a good opportunity to gain experience and win some money. I think the most important thing in such tournaments is to be patient.

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I read somewhere...I think Jonathan Little website that in MTTs if youre a good player, you can expect to cash 15% of the time and expect to win 4% of the time. So dont be hard on yourself if youre not hitting final tables. I think you are correct in judging success especially early on by making correct decisions and by how well you are judging ranges of opponents hands. If you keep making correct desicions the final tables and the money will come.
He also says dont judge by short term results but by long term results.

dcproster

dcproster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be successful in freeroll tourments isnt hard. People dont try hard playing this tourments.Some days ago I won 40$ per night: 3rd place in pokerstars(11$) and 1st in intertops (28$). My favourite freerolls are in intertops, betonline and sportbettings.In intertops usually 50 players, but prizes like in pokerstars (200 players). In BetOnline and Sportbetting prizes are bigger (200$), for the first place is about 60$.CardsChats freerolls are best freerolls ever.If you still havent been joined still - do it now. You wont be regret. You will earn bankroll for start your poker career for month, maybe even earlier.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the freeroll type. Most freerolls really are with many players (thousands) and big part of them enter pot with any two cards because they do not risk anything. In such freerolls best strategy is to play tight in the beginning till the "all in with every 2 cards" players are either out or have enough stack to start playing better. In late stages freerolls are in fact fun to play at least for me.

The other type of freerolls - those limited to small group of players like cardschat freerolls are in fact very close to normal micro stakes mtt despite being freeroll because players are better and try to play their best game. These days i rarely play and other freeroll than cardschat ones.

M

mikeyg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like the $3k freerolls on 888,very easy to hit the money and with 3min blinds you dont need to be playing hours at a time,in general though i do think most freerolls are hard because the amount of (dont care poker players) gl on the next 1.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's good for me to play freerolls, sometimes I win freerolls, but this is not much but enough to play in other tournaments, and I think that this is a good way for beginners to raise a small freeroll bankroll and gain experience for further games in good tournaments so that they can win normal prizes!

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My success is cashing , Don't care where if it is one of the superdonk freerolls like on BOL or ACR. if its a CC freeroll I know I can actually have a decent quality of poker even in the beginning stages, once its an hour in I know that the poker game is on. I take notes of everything and everybody at the tables so that way when I'm in the superdonk freerolls I can folded Non Premium hands or even some quality hands just because of their constant Jam play.

R

rmcneice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the payout structure on the ACR $10 paying only the top 10 positions it is essentially make the final table or bust.

If you're making the top 15% (~normal buy in ITM threshold) around 20% of time and the top 10, actually in the money, 4-5% oft he time your play should translate to decent in the micro buy in's.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
every time I go to the tournament with a good mood.it always happens in different ways, the card does not go, the hands are not the same, then you win on a weak hand, sometimes you go easily,and it is incredibly hard, then they are freerolls)

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be successful in freeroll tourments isnt hard. People dont try hard playing this tourments.Some days ago I won 40$ per night: 3rd place in pokerstars(11$) and 1st in intertops (28$). My favourite freerolls are in intertops, betonline and sportbettings.In intertops usually 50 players, but prizes like in pokerstars (200 players). In BetOnline and Sportbetting prizes are bigger (200$), for the first place is about 60$.CardsChats freerolls are best freerolls ever.If you still havent been joined still - do it now. You wont be regret. You will earn bankroll for start your poker career for month, maybe even earlier.

I do play some cards chat freerolls. I was in trials for the last year that ate up all of my time ( I'm an attorney...not the defendant lol)...so I got booted from the freeroll club (and I can never seem to find the pw's for the all player ones).

I do final table fairly often...I play ACR, BCP and Betonline.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
90% of all tournaments I play is freerolls. I always try to play only with strong cards and I think this is my main advantage over opponents. Thanks to freerolls, I managed to increase my bankroll and gain some good experience. For example, a few weeks ago I took the first place in the freeroll from our community. This is my victory, thanks to my patience and caution.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 19
Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find success in playing well for the most part. Making hero calls/when Big bluffs work/Checking behind for showdown at the right times. Making final tables is important to confirm play is working.

B

brandonkremb

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How do I gauge success?

Considering some of the best players out there CASH in tournaments around 15% of the time as a general rule of thumb, I define success as how many times I have cashed out of 100 freerolls. With America's Cardroom's On Demand Freerolls it is not hard to rack up that number. Considering the average number of entrants is around 500 people in these freerolls and the payouts being very top heavy it is reasonable to cut this percentage down to about 5%. If I'm cashing in 5 out of these 100 freerolls I consider that success.

Kanaaduh

Kanaaduh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My personal opinion is that making the money is a successful tournament. But the final table is awesome

D

domfudao

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in freerolls most are not even there for the tournament, they enter to give all in and see what happens, I think the game really starts after a 30 min.
Until I think at least one hand you have to pull to double your stack

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I define success in how I play. I can play a very good game and no make the money and find my play successful. I could also play badly and win the game. While winning the money may look good I would not call it a successful game.

V

Vasilii813

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Message -5

How to measure success if everything is constantly go VA Bank Yes, if you get to add it then people become reasonable and it's a lottery pure water as a firefight. But if you play Hyper speed tournament and in the evening, then you can play without money, why not a high speed freerolls I don't play there's not enough nerve to go VA Bank with AA-and download the film pair of kings and so on are all in the Bank, six people and the winner is the person with 72 offsuit collecting two pair or three deuces. A lot of people don't respect the game of trying to get lucky.