Freeroll Strategy

M

Mateusss0617

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Avarage freerolls are very fast like hyper turbo or simple turbo so if u have a good hand u have to go in or u lose your chips by big blinds small blinds , these are rising very fast :O

deform fedot

deform fedot

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When players do not pay bayin they are too aggressive and you can use it.

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me the smartest way to play is to wait 10 minutes after the tournament starts so all the All-in's are over with and then play tight and build the chip stack slowly.

D

diegofeijo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I back to poker after 8 years. And now i start with freeroll. And i can say is very hard to play my game. And that is my leak. Because if i can not change my way in low tournaments how can i grow up ?
I play 7% of the range. and after some time 10% of the range. whem next the bubble depends on my stak.

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always shove all in in the beginning of the tourneys to double my chip stack
it gives me a better chance in making the money later on.

Shove all-in with what?? The first two cards you are dealt? This seems completely crazy to me. I hope you would at least only shove playable hands.

Im not sure why you would do it this way.. I guess it cuts down on time invested.

W

Wiliest

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the best strategy preflop is probably shifting your range from the usual cash game stuff to a more high equity style. Only go all in with 10s+ or AQ+ early. Make sure you are raising on all hands you open to punish the loose ranges preflop. If the flop doesn't hit you than just check/fold. If you find yourself with around 10BB left then look for any A or PP to shove all-in with. Patience is key imo, you just need to survive until the money, not always play for the win. Anything can happen in the later stages after you make it there. Once you have a little money it's probably more time-efficient to start grinding the microstakes cash game tables.

K

Kalamari

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always shove all in in the beginning of the tourneys to double my chip stack
it gives me a better chance in making the money later on.
what it really does is not give you the time to pick up a good hand

K

Kalamari

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is bout adjustment right when people play like they dont care you have to play tight but also not fold good hands

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
very calm from the beginning, depending on which is the free, many times players bet everything no matter what they have and then I think it calms down a bit more the game